I just tried to create a new account with Blackberry so I could have my email and blackberry messenger working properly. Had the guy that owned the phone before release/delete the PIN with Verizon.

But now, I get an error that says "This Blackberry is registered to a different service provider. Please re-register this Blackberry and verify the URL matches the one provided by your service provider."

Obviously I am with AT&T and he was with Verizon. Is there some place I can change this on my phone? Or has anyone else experienced this and can give me some insight on how to fix it.

Thanks,

Jerry
    01-27-09 07:04 AM
    I believe the phone has to be unlocked to use it on a different carrier.

Search the forums for unlocking the Storm for use with AT&T....
    01-27-09 07:18 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-107154/

Here is the link to the thread. Hope this helps.
    01-27-09 07:19 AM
    Yes Yes, done all that. Phone is unlocked. Waiting for the guy that I bought the phone from to call Verizon again to release the IMEI number. Then taking the phone to AT&T and having them register the PIN and IMEI number.

As I read on and on, it takes time for the RIM database to update. So I guess, it is just a waiting period.

But thanks anyway...

01-27-09 07:24 AM
    How can I check if the imei has been released? Get the same error, says to re-register with new provider
    02-14-09 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD