Hi All,
    We are happy to inform you that SHAPE Services have developed RDM+ for BlackBerry Storm (version 4.0.12).

RDM+ allows you to access home/office computer from your device even through firewall/NAT. Send and receive emails,
    surf web, edit documents, copy, cut, paste files, etc.

To download via Desktop Manager use this link.

For OTA installation visit bb.rdmplus.com

The current version is registered and is designated for those users who want to test an application. We are waiting for your comments and suggestions!

Remote access of desktop is available in 4.0.12 version, system manager and file manager are still not implemented.
    This new features are expected in the future updates. UI will be also improved in the next version.

Sincerely yours,
    SHAPE Services
    01-26-09 05:36 AM
    ohhh, nice, i'll be downloading shortly to give it a try!
    01-26-09 08:31 AM
    Storm only? No Bold?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-09 08:55 AM
    Just installed on Storm. Its working. Hopefully there is a better zoom option and I just can't find it.
    01-26-09 08:57 AM
    Ehh...it does what it says I suppose...I just don't see the point. A lightweight CHEAP SSH client though...that would be useful. Using this to get back to my work desktop...which looks like it would need some type of client running on...not so much.
    01-26-09 09:11 AM
    excellent app. loved it on my curve 8330.

finally got it on my storm
    01-26-09 09:12 AM
    After downloading and performing the trial, it worked fine during the trial, clicking and everything. When I tried to unload the program (close it out), it froze my blackberry. OS .75 official release, no BETA clients here.

I haven't tried opening it again just yet because I don't want my Storm to freeze :P
    01-26-09 09:27 AM
    I've been waiting a while for this.

I tried to install it but, your desktop application won't let me install via an RDC connection...Boo Hoo. That's annoying.

Any word on when you're going to have TSMobiles working (even just a demo would be fine) for the Storm? I'm still waiting (with my money in my hand) for a working, decent RDC client. Several folks on here have complained about $5.00 and $8.00 apps. TSMobiles is $45.00 and I won't hesitate to buy it as soon as you've got a stable version available. I WANT to give you my money...please take it.

RDM+ is a start but, it's kind of a faux-RDC, considering the desktop application requirement.
    01-26-09 11:05 AM
    I've been waiting a while for this.

I tried to install it but, your desktop application won't let me install via an RDC connection...Boo Hoo. That's annoying.

Any word on when you're going to have TSMobiles working (even just a demo would be fine) for the Storm? I'm still waiting (with my money in my hand) for a working, decent RDC client. Several folks on here have complained about $5.00 and $8.00 apps. TSMobiles is $45.00 and I won't hesitate to buy it as soon as you've got a stable version available. I WANT to give you my money...please take it.

RDM+ is a start but, it's kind of a faux-RDC, considering the desktop application requirement.
    My sentiments exactly. Quit wasting your time on RDM and get TSMobiles working! That would be much more useful in my line of work.
    01-26-09 01:05 PM
    Really diggin this app. Loved it on my 8830, then used it on my XV6800, and couldn't wait to get it for the Storm. I consider this app a life saver for me in a pinch when I'm out of the office and don't have my ThinkPad with me. I've used it several times today, and now that I'm using it, I'm reminded of why I missed it so much. It's perfect for my needs.
    01-26-09 07:45 PM
    i'm definitely liking the demo so far, but is there anyway i can move the cursor from under my finger??? that's the most frustrating part, b/c the only reason i wanna use this is to access one prog in my systray & another prog in my quick lauch, since both are on the bottom of the screen it's extremely difficult to tell if i'm over it or just below it w/ my fat finger in the way!
    01-26-09 08:55 PM
    OK, got the desktop software installed and have used it.

1) Cursor - It needs to be above or below the finger, otherwise you can't see what you're clicking.

2) Zoom - Not NEARLY enough zoom power. 2:1 just doesn't cut it at the resolution I run.

3) It's not RDC - When you lock the machine locally, the remote session locks...and vice-versa (an RDC session takes control of the PC, blanking the monitors). Trying to Log into Windows is a PITA whereas, when you log into an RDC session, you ARE logging into Windows.

4) I run multiple monitors (3). Where are they on RDM+? I launched an application on the desktop via RDM+ and there was no sign of it. I could see (locally) that it had launched in one of the secondary monitors. But, there was just no sign of it on RDM+. I couldn't scroll over to it.
    An RDC client handles this by resizing the desktop based on the size of the remote display, so it all gets scrunched down into the one monitor and then re-expands when I log back in locally.

I'm sure some folks would have a use for this but, I need the full, unadulterated power on a true RDC client...like TSMobiles.

And we'll be seeing that......when?

Habious stands in the middle of the room, waving a $50 bill around over his head.

EDIT: I forgot to add - The backlight should NOT turn off (or at least be an option to have it stay on).
    Last edited by Habious; 01-27-09 at 12:14 PM.
    01-27-09 08:23 AM
    I tried RDM+ and was not too thrilled with it so I uninstalled it from my desktop. I use Symantec pcAnywhere to connect my laptop to my desktop while away from home. Well I used be be able to before i tried RDM+. Since the uninstall of RDM+ I am no longer able to connect my laptop to my desktop using pcAnywhere. I am also not able to log onto my router as I could before this experiment. I sent a message to the RDM+ support and am waiting for a response.

Question - Does anyone know exactly what settings RDM+ changes on your router and/or desktop during the installation process? I am absolutely possitive that it changed something to completely lock me out like it did. The frustrating part is that I am not home to fix it and wont be for another week. Any ideas are greatly appreciated
    01-27-09 09:25 PM
    I bought this application and when i click on the files or system from the main menu i get This Mode is not available in alpha version.. What does this mean I purchased the whole program.. What does this mean??
    01-27-09 09:52 PM
    I can't get it to run the trial version. It says its expired.
    01-27-09 09:54 PM
    Ehh...it does what it says I suppose...I just don't see the point. A lightweight CHEAP SSH client though...that would be useful. Using this to get back to my work desktop...which looks like it would need some type of client running on...not so much.
    Do a forum search for midpssh...works like a charm and is free.

01-28-09 07:25 AM
    Do a forum search for midpssh...works like a charm and is free.

Tried it a couple times...maybe I have a setting wrong or something...but the text is always so damn small I can't see anything. That and the app doesn't play well with the accelerometer...it has to be set prior to a session, at least in my experience
    01-28-09 07:29 AM
    Brucem76:
    RDM+ works also for Bold and other BlackBerry devices!

Storm only? No Bold?

01-29-09 02:32 AM
    rip14:
    Did you find zoom option?

Just installed on Storm. Its working. Hopefully there is a better zoom option and I just can't find it.
    01-29-09 02:34 AM
    matrix2004: I have send you trial license code. Please confirm it works for you!

I can't get it to run the trial version. It says its expired.
    01-29-09 02:46 AM
    mikeyt4e:
    This options you need will be availalble in 2-3 weeks. You willget an application update for free!

I bought this application and when i click on the files or system from the main menu i get This Mode is not available in alpha version.. What does this mean I purchased the whole program.. What does this mean??
    01-29-09 02:55 AM
    I was able to get the app loaded on my Storm ok. It would run and I was able to connect to my desktop computer, but every time I have tried it, within several minutes the Storm reboots. While it is working I am able to view and interact with my desktop computer although speed is necessarily a bit sluggish. Other than the reboots, the biggest problem I have is getting the cursor located where I need it to be and even when it is in the right spot a click is not consistently transmitted to the desktop app. I'm running XP Pro SP3 on the desktop and the .90 leaked OS on the Storm. I have had no other reboots with this OS except while RDMplus is running.
    01-29-09 02:48 PM
    SHAPE, I am interested in RDM+, I've downloaded it on my Storm, but don't know how to connect this to my computer to allow remote functionality. Can you give me some detailed instructions or a link to a manual or tutorial. Thanks
    01-31-09 10:43 PM
    OK, at first I didnt realize that my PC needed some software too. Once I loaded the PC software I was able to connect just fine. Unfortunately I have to agree with others that the zoom is seriously inadequate. Also moving the cursor around the screen is irratic and not precise. Also having to click the BB button for double clicking is inconvenient. Why not just use the Storms screen click. Also while trying to use, it froze my Storm up frequently. Anyways, I like the concept and I do have a real application for it in my business, but I do not feel the software is ready to use practically on an everyday basis. The zoom issue is big.
    01-31-09 11:36 PM
    its not bad. although the mouse is not as accurate as i hoped. but its alot faster on my storm compared to being on my old 8330. way faster and more responsive. now we could just fix the zoom and the curser it would be good.
    02-01-09 12:26 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD