Not sure if this is a piece loose inside or what??? My phone works fine, but I was taking off my back door (battery door) and I happened to move the device and low and behold I heard a rattling noise when moved.

It appeared the noise is coming from the lower part of the phone, whenever I would shake it in certain positions. So not sure if it is just a normal piece that is hitting something, and happens on everyone phone or if my phone has a loose broken piece inside.

It seems a bit ocd, since the phone is working just fine but curious none the less. At first I thought maybe it was one of the cards, but it is not, it appears to be inside.

If anyone could take their back door off and lightly shake the phone in different directions near their ear, see if they hear a rattling noise also.
    03-05-09 09:39 AM
    It might be your screen rattling. When did you purchase your storm? I had a new one replaced and my screen is placed tightly on to the phone so there is no shaking.
    03-05-09 09:48 AM
    It might be your screen rattling. When did you purchase your storm? I had a new one replaced and my screen is placed tightly on to the phone so there is no shaking.
    Nah, dont think it is the screen, this one is from December 31st purchase date (replacement). It just sounds like a piece rattling inside, when the cover is put back on I can not hear it when I shake it.
    03-05-09 09:55 AM
    Yay! Something I know, at last.

Under the cover, there are a few little brassy looking sprung pins sticking out through the plastic - these are the culprits for the rattle. The cover keeps them stock still.
    03-05-09 09:59 AM
    Yay! Something I know, at last.

Under the cover, there are a few little brassy looking sprung pins sticking out through the plastic - these are the culprits for the rattle. The cover keeps them stock still.
    NICE, well at least I am not going crazy... actually is a real noise. And it is not a broken piece.... so happy there.... But feel silly I did not realize it was the pins. hahahah

Very nice, Me look so silly.....
    03-05-09 10:06 AM
    my screen rattles if i shake the phone a bit.... normal or no?
    03-05-09 10:31 AM
    That scared me at first until I realized it was the little brass dealios. I thought something was loose, but after putting the battery case back on, I realized that is what it was.
    03-05-09 10:46 AM
    I only figured it out because I started prodding them wondering what they were.

Could have been worse - I once wrecked a fishing reel trying to figure out how it worked.
    03-05-09 11:04 AM
    my screen rattles if i shake the phone a bit.... normal or no?
    Normal, Yes
    03-06-09 12:30 AM
    I'm on my 3rd 9530--the first one the sound was muffled, the 2nd one sound was muffled, and now the 3rd one I have the screen rattle. I'm sick of replacing this damn thing! When i shake the phone you can see the screen shake and cause the rattling noise--the previous 2 did not do that....at least not as noticably
    03-06-09 12:37 AM
    I'm on my 3rd 9530--the first one the sound was muffled, the 2nd one sound was muffled, and now the 3rd one I have the screen rattle. I'm sick of replacing this damn thing! When i shake the phone you can see the screen shake and cause the rattling noise--the previous 2 did not do that....at least not as noticably
    it probably did... you just never noticed...
    03-06-09 12:42 AM
    I was wondered what that rattle was. Now I know! Thanx!
    03-06-09 01:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD