I want to ask everyone a question,

How many absolutely happy storm owners do you think have came to CrackBerry looking for an application, a theme, ring tone etc and have stumbled onto the forums and now hate their phone because of whats said here?

We are very quick to point out every flaw we see, and don't get me wrong we have the right to. I am and have been a very happy storm owner since I first got mine at launch, but I find myself looking for problems rather than noticing them. To me there is a BIG difference in looking for and noticing.

Point being if you don't notice a problem, its not a problem right?

How many of you out there can honestly say you noticed the problem (in OS lag, clicking issues...whatever) and you weren't looking for a problem?

I know, I'm going to take a lot of flack for this one....bring it on.
    02-18-09 08:16 PM
    OMG, don't you know there is a rule forbidding positive post about the Storm?

The term "Ignorance is bliss" has never applied so much to almost any new high tech item. When I got my Storm I loved it. I still do. Then I read these message boards, started downloading BS betas that don't do anything, got worried about all kinds of silly crap then I realized I got caught up in the madness.

This blackberry works great as it stands without all the leaked betas. Can it be improved? Anything can be improved. I can be improved. But that doesn't make it a bad product.

I see this just about anywhere I go on the net from TiVo to Vonage, or wherever. All people do is whine and complain.'

The Storm as it stands RIGHT NOW is an outstanding piece of technology. End of story, and I'm happy with mine too.
    02-19-09 06:11 AM
    OMG, don't you know there is a rule forbidding positive post about the Storm?

The term "Ignorance is bliss" has never applied so much to almost any new high tech item. When I got my Storm I loved it. I still do. Then I read these message boards, started downloading BS betas that don't do anything, got worried about all kinds of silly crap then I realized I got caught up in the madness.

This blackberry works great as it stands without all the leaked betas. Can it be improved? Anything can be improved. I can be improved. But that doesn't make it a bad product.

I see this just about anywhere I go on the net from TiVo to Vonage, or wherever. All people do is whine and complain.'

The Storm as it stands RIGHT NOW is an outstanding piece of technology. End of story, and I'm happy with mine too.
    Thanks for this post....I almost did not get the Storm because of all of the folks complaining....but now I am going to get one...and one for my wife too!!
    02-19-09 06:54 AM
    I don't mind the rants. If it alerts people to an issue (like a less than perfectly functioning click for instance), it's not necessary bad.

What I mind are the snide, trolling one-liners. Especially from people who don't own the device and are just here to antagonize others.
    02-19-09 07:14 AM
    Regardless of whether you have personally experienced issues with your Storm, you have to admit that there's a love/hate thing going on with the Storm. I mean, how many berries has its own Rant and Raves sub-forum on crackberry.
    02-19-09 08:27 AM
    although i get frustrated with my storm at times i continually remind myself (and others who criticize my phone choice irl) that tge storm is still in the "baby stages" and that after the "kinks" get worked out this phone is going to be amazing. plus i have an affinity to blackberry and rim and will stick to my guns about how i think they produce great products. i believe in this case good things come to those who wait.
    02-19-09 08:38 AM
    I am a first time blackberry user and started out with the storm. There may be a few problems with it but it is new people are expecting it to be the iphone and then some when in reality thats not going to be the case. They are two different devices and even if they were the same the iphone has been out way longer and should be better (which IMHO it is not!). And compared to my old phone (samsung u740), even with all the little quirks and bugs, the storm is like god to me. Give the storm some time. A few official upgrades and the app store will turn the tons of rants to few and the storm may be the "iphone killer" we all are hoping for.
    02-19-09 09:19 AM
    My previous phone was Blackberry 8703, and work with a lot of different phones, iPhone, WinMo, BB, LG and Samsung. The problem with the Storm is that everyone thought it would be in the same league as the iPhone and it is not even close. Sure people will claim that the Storm is better for them than the iPhone, bla bll bla but it is not, it is like comparing a Geo Storm to a GTR, they are both sports cars sure, but the storm is simply out classed. I think the Storm is much better than my old 8703, but I want something that is comparable to the iPhone, google did it with Android, the Pre looks good, WinMo can do some impressive things too.

When the storm was released at the end of the year, it was clearly lagy and buggy, even my grandma would have complained. Still with no real solution from RIM, consumers should be outraged, rather you have people claiming that "it works fine for me", yet others are cannibalizing "leaked" OS released and producing hybrid OS'es because RIM has done such a terrible job. RIM should be ashamed of themselves.
    02-19-09 10:27 AM
    My previous phone was Blackberry 8703, and work with a lot of different phones, iPhone, WinMo, BB, LG and Samsung. The problem with the Storm is that everyone thought it would be in the same league as the iPhone and it is not even close. Sure people will claim that the Storm is better for them than the iPhone, bla bll bla but it is not, it is like comparing a Geo Storm to a GTR, they are both sports cars sure, but the storm is simply out classed. I think the Storm is much better than my old 8703, but I want something that is comparable to the iPhone, google did it with Android, the Pre looks good, WinMo can do some impressive things too.

When the storm was released at the end of the year, it was clearly lagy and buggy, even my grandma would have complained. Still with no real solution from RIM, consumers should be outraged, rather you have people claiming that "it works fine for me", yet others are cannibalizing "leaked" OS released and producing hybrid OS'es because RIM has done such a terrible job. RIM should be ashamed of themselves.
    This is a thread where people can talk about how they enjoy their storm, not for you to come in with your pissie attitude and start slamming the storm. First of all iPhone is far from perfect, anybody who has half an ear to the technical world knows that. Second blackberry is more for business as opposed to iPhone which by the way resembles an iPod for juvenile minds like yours. Go out and by an iPhone but don't come in here and rant on a positive thread, you're just being a ****.

I love the Storm, it's great and it's only going to get better. I hope your 30 day period hasn't expired so you can return yours. That is if you even have one.
    02-19-09 10:49 AM
    I think Rants are OK, as they could ultimately lead to product improvement.

I do however feel that if you haven't owned one or at least spent a few days with one then you shouldn't be ranting about it. I hate the iPhone, but I did own one, so I can bash it from a user's prospective.
    02-19-09 10:59 AM
    This is among the real problems. People have this mistaken impression that the Storm was supposed to be some Jesus Phone killer. It really doesn't take too much thought to see how that simply isn't the case. RIM was just dipping its toes into the Joe Average Consumer market, and actually did a bit TOO GOOD of a job with the Storm, resulting in much higher than anticipated demand, and supply issues.

People are putting together these hybrid OS builds because it's a fun hobby project. Why do some people spend countless hours tweaking the engine in their car to squeeze maybe an extra half HP out of it? Why do people do most of the things they do? Because they can. It wouldn't matter if .65 had been everything people wanted out of the Storm, they still would be devouring leaked builds with the same fervor and be putting together hybrids. It's human nature to be curious and to seek to improve things. It's how we climbed to the top of the food chain over the centuries.

And at the end of the day, what really matters more than how well the phone works for each of us INDIVIDUALLY? I wish people could stop substituting their phone for another part of their anatomy, and just get out a damn ruler to settle it once and for all. Then maybe the rest of us can get on with things, and if there are any actual terrorists hiding in the bushes, they would have a target we could all agree upon.
    02-19-09 11:00 AM
    Second blackberry is more for business as opposed to iPhone which by the way resembles an iPod for juvenile minds like yours. Go out and by an iPhone but don't come in here and rant on a positive thread, you're just being a ****.

I love the Storm, it's great and it's only going to get better. I hope your 30 day period hasn't expired so you can return yours. That is if you even have one.
    Like I said, "I works great for me!". Fanboi
    02-19-09 11:12 AM
    What's a hybrid OS?
    02-19-09 11:16 AM
    Like I said, "I works great for me!". Fanboi
    Methinks we have us another troll.
    02-19-09 11:19 AM
    I am going to be hanging out over in the 4.7.0.118 Waiting Lounge, everything works great though, Zero problems here, tons of great apps like quickpull.
    02-19-09 11:25 AM
    The storm does "work fine for me" and i would much rather have it than the iphone. I don't have an iphone but my mom does and i have used it many times, she also wishes she had my phone because "IT IS RIGHT FOR HER" she hates her iphone. Not to mention all the people on this forum i have read about who had the iphone and switched to the storm because "IT IS RIGHT FOR THEM". In the end everyone gets the phone that is "RIGHT FOR THEM" so your arguement about that is absolutely rediculous. The iphone is a great phone but apple should be ashamed for releasing a phone with no video or MMS. and about your grandma complaining about the storm tell her to go to walmart the jitterbug was made for a reason.
    Last edited by marjama; 02-19-09 at 02:00 PM.
    02-19-09 01:54 PM
    Regardless of whether you have personally experienced issues with your Storm, you have to admit that there's a love/hate thing going on with the Storm. I mean, how many berries has its own Rant and Raves sub-forum on crackberry.
    It's soo true. What I find funny is how opinions can even change overtime from the same person. I have now gone through the cycle of both loving and hating on my Storm more times than I can count. Right now I'm in a love phase
    02-19-09 02:41 PM
    What's a hybrid OS?
    Folks have taken to pulling together elements of different OS revs to create what they are calling "Hybrids" The most popular uses pieces of .103 with the .106 version released for the 9500. There have been mixed reviews, much as with the standard releases. Some have been lucky, others not so much.
    02-19-09 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD