So im trying to figure out if this is hardware or software related. My touch screen intermittently stops working. Sometimes its as simple as not letting me hit enter, space or any of the keys near the outside of the screen. And sometimes it just doesn't let me press anything. Both cases if I pull the battery and reboot it works again. But it is rather random when it stops working and how it stops working. Ive tried downgrading the OS, and ive even tried upgrading to all the different leaked versions to see if it was a hardware issue or software. But I seem to run into the same problem regardless. It just starting doing this within the past few days.

Any suggestions?

9530 on verizon.
    03-07-09 10:03 AM
    Im attempting to downgrade to the official verizon .75 version to see if that fixes. But having to pull out the battery just about 1-3 times a day isn't cool.

Another observation. Sometimes the touch screen doesn't seem to respond to my normal touch that I always use (the tip of my thumb). But sometimes it responds when I press down my entire thumb on a button (similar to giving a finger print). Its odd, and I still have no ideas as to why this is occurring.
    03-07-09 03:48 PM
    Try going back to the official .75 OS if the problem still exists i would bring it to verizon
    03-07-09 03:52 PM
    Sometimes this happens to me when I'm in the number mode it appears to be a software glitch. I think if your using a screen protector this may also impede some of the screens ability to work properly. Try removing it if you are using one.
    03-07-09 04:02 PM
    Sometimes this happens to me when I'm in the number mode it appears to be a software glitch. I think if your using a screen protector this may also impede some of the screens ability to work properly. Try removing it if you are using one.
    I have a screen protector. ANd its been working fine until a few days ago. I dont think the screen protector is the problem in this case. But the number glitch is something I will take note of. So far so good with the .75 downgrade. Keyboard is slower now but it hasn't froze yet.
    03-07-09 04:08 PM
    I have the same issue, but if I just let it sit for a little bit it usually starts working again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD