Hello all,

I installed .99 after I did a wipe with .90 on it. When the phone rebooted up, there was NO bbm, any of my 3rd party apps that I backed up, and when I went to the applications options, there was barely anything on it.

ANyone else with this issue?
    02-01-09 02:46 PM
    battery pull
    02-01-09 02:47 PM
    I have this issue every update try a battery pull that fixes it for me. This last update .99 I didn't do a wipe and it seems to be working the best of all.
    02-01-09 02:48 PM
    battery pull
    Classic.
    02-01-09 02:49 PM
    done plenty of batts pulls already didnt fix it. I just did another update and through loader, not through DM.... brought back some of the core stuff... bbm, bbmaps etc, but now I am noticing none of my 3rd party apps got backed up, cuz now I when I go to restore, they are not on there.
    02-01-09 02:51 PM
    which is why, when you go to load the new OS, you make sure to check that your apps will be backed up and subsequently restored. thought this was a problem, too, until I realized what I WASNT doing.
    02-01-09 02:54 PM
    dont get why people do wipes..... dont need to at all
    02-01-09 02:54 PM
    placebo effects.. it's stupid really
    02-01-09 02:55 PM
    lol^ your sig rules
    02-01-09 02:57 PM
    My accelerometer gets stuck in landscape mode. I get spinning clock often. Hopefully it stabilizes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 03:04 PM
    done plenty of batts pulls already didnt fix it. I just did another update and through loader, not through DM.... brought back some of the core stuff... bbm, bbmaps etc, but now I am noticing none of my 3rd party apps got backed up, cuz now I when I go to restore, they are not on there.
    Did you remember to backup your 3rd party apps manually? Whenever DM does a backup it doesn't backup the 3rd party apps. You have to do it manually using the switch device method. Also when you did the update the first time, did you remember to select the optional apps (when on the last screen, the option in the top right is to install optional apps) since the update only installs the default apps for the device. Finally try resending your service books using the HRT and email setup app methods.

02-01-09 03:19 PM
    My accelerometer gets stuck in landscape mode. I get spinning clock often. Hopefully it stabilizes.

I loaded the .99 O.S. and @ 3:00 when it was done I immediately went to bed. This morning I had to reboot because of the spinning clock for just about any function I was doing. It happened again, so I did another battery pull and now things seem to have stabilized very well.
    02-01-09 03:29 PM
    Do you realize how dirty it would get without wiping

I do the upgrades dirty too. I do not know what the big deal is but I do not profess to know that much about it
    02-01-09 03:35 PM
    i am just re-installing the OS... see if this does anything
    02-01-09 04:12 PM
    I wipe... otherwise my I end up with streaks...
    02-01-09 04:13 PM
    which is why, when you go to load the new OS, you make sure to check that your apps will be backed up and subsequently restored. thought this was a problem, too, until I realized what I WASNT doing.
    Ding ding ding! When you wipe first, Desktop Manager doesn't automatically pick everything for you because since you wiped, there's nothing for it to check in terms of what needs updating. So you just get the updates for the core components of the OS, nothing more.

Check the damn boxes you click happy individuals!!!
    02-01-09 04:14 PM
    in this case, i think a wipe is right thing to do.... wipe and re-install
    02-01-09 04:17 PM
    Hello all,

I installed .99 after I did a wipe with .90 on it. When the phone rebooted up, there was NO bbm, any of my 3rd party apps that I backed up, and when I went to the applications options, there was barely anything on it.

ANyone else with this issue?

Same Issue brother, tried to restored from 3 different B/U files. Nothing!
    02-01-09 04:18 PM
    i am noticing that when I do the OS install, even after a wipe, it is not automatically installing A LOT of key things.... BBM, BBMaps, root files, its just plain out odd
    02-01-09 04:23 PM
    Are you making sure that you click the options tab and then checking off what you want to install with the OS? Like I previously stated, these apps will not be installed after a wipe you if you don't manually check them off. You can see what you need to click from this picture posted by rooster.

02-01-09 04:31 PM
    i am noticing that when I do the OS install, even after a wipe, it is not automatically installing A LOT of key things.... BBM, BBMaps, root files, its just plain out odd
    Pay no attention to what I just wrote.

Ding ding ding! When you wipe first, Desktop Manager doesn't automatically pick everything for you because since you wiped, there's nothing for it to check in terms of what needs updating. So you just get the updates for the core components of the OS, nothing more.

Check the damn boxes you click happy individuals!!!
    Stop wiping first and you won't have to manually select what to install. This is not a difficult thing to understand.
    02-01-09 04:32 PM
    Same Issue brother, tried to restored from 3 different B/U files. Nothing!
    You need to understand that a normal "Backup" WILL NOT grab 3rd party apps. In order to backup 3rd party apps you must do an in-place upgrade (that means no wiping first) or you must follow the Writeup on how to backup 3rd party apps in the FAQ forum on this site.
    02-01-09 04:34 PM
    lol^ your sig rules
    why thank you
    02-01-09 04:35 PM
    so then why all of a sudden this is not working for me? I have done 4 different OS updates and all the apps came over? And everything worked fine?
    02-01-09 04:37 PM
    This is how it's always worked. If you wipe first, YOU MUST go in and pick all the options to install. You either didn't wipe before or you didn't do something right and it just happened to work for you. It's always been like this dude. Trust us... always... even for other Blackberries. If you do an upgrade without a manual wipe, everything gets reinstalled for you, including 3rd party apps. If you do a manual backup (which doesn't backup 3rd party apps) and then wipe, when you install the OS, you must go into Options to pick and choose what to install. If you don't do that, it'll just install the core OS, Phone app, Browser, etc.. basic stuff like that... no Memo Pad, BBM or BBMaps or anything else like that. Also, if you do a manual backup and then a wipe and then you go in and pick all the OS apps to install and then do a manual restore, your data and settings will be there, but not your 3rd party apps. You MUST follow a different backup writeup that's posted on the FAQ Forum in order to get the self-installed 3rd party apps (i.e. like Weatherbug and such). Again, this has always been like this as well. And yes, I agree, it's stupid that RIM didn't give us an option to select to backup 3rd party apps as well in normal backups.
    02-01-09 04:45 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD