A lot of times when i call people on the first ring the phone will go into speaker phone mode for the whole or part of the first ring and then it stops. Its really annoying when it happens. Does anyone elses phone do this?
    02-04-09 02:44 PM
    Are you suuure it's completely random?

Because I quite often accidentally touch the speaker phone button, be it with my finger or my face- it isn't the fault of the phone.
    02-04-09 03:08 PM
    As do I, unfortunately it doesn't make it any less embarrassing. Ha
    02-04-09 03:13 PM
    As do I, unfortunately it doesn't make it any less embarrassing. Ha
    LOL, yes, it's definitely embarrassing. I just don't think people should blame the phone for something that's user error, although the OP's problem may or may not be (hence I asked if he's sure).
    02-04-09 03:22 PM
    You might want to go to this link and download the OTA link called Talk Lock. This will stop that from happening.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/bl...thread-107305/
    02-04-09 03:28 PM
    LOL, yes, it's definitely embarrassing. I just don't think people should blame the phone for something that's user error, although the OP's problem may or may not be (hence I asked if he's sure).

This will solve that problem(TalkLock™ (BETA) Touch Screen Lock for BlackBerry� Storm™) I have it installed on my phone. Did this many times in public ending in my looking like a monkey back side.
    02-04-09 03:30 PM
    A lot of times when i call people on the first ring the phone will go into speaker phone mode for the whole or part of the first ring and then it stops. Its really annoying when it happens. Does anyone elses phone do this?
    Yeah this happens to me too... but I found its not so random... Usually when I smile or something while on the phone my cheek will hit the damn speaker phone button, really not cool when your trying to be discreet
    02-04-09 03:41 PM
    I had that same problem and it did not happen every time I made a call. I was not hitting speaker phone and have Stormlock in place. I have since DL'd
    OS .99 and no longer have that problem.
    02-04-09 03:47 PM
    No, I mean this happens before I even bring the phone to my face like AS SOON as it starts ringing it does it, without me even touching the speaker phone button, and with talk lock what happens if you really want to use your speaker phone? Will it let you press it?
    02-04-09 04:28 PM
    bump...need to know if this happens to anyone else so that i know if i need to get a replacement or not
    02-05-09 12:52 PM
    No, I mean this happens before I even bring the phone to my face like AS SOON as it starts ringing it does it, without me even touching the speaker phone button, and with talk lock what happens if you really want to use your speaker phone? Will it let you press it?

Just dissable talklock and press the speaker button ,If you want talklock back press the BB key and reactivate it.
    02-05-09 01:57 PM
    It randomly happens to me, pretty freaking annoying bug...
    02-05-09 02:00 PM
    I should have knocked on wood! It just happened to me again today. It seems to only happen when I bring up the number pad and use a number key for speed dial. It comes on speaker phone for just a split second on like the first ring and then is normal. I have no explanation as to why nor do I have a fix. Has done it on both OS .90 and now OS .99. It just happens for like half of the first ring for me so I am not going to worry about it.
    02-05-09 02:01 PM
    Same here - cept i'm usually in the car when it happens
    02-05-09 02:06 PM
    Yea I have the same thing happen to me occasionally also. Same situation, before even bring the phone to my face.
    02-05-09 02:18 PM
    Get a Bluetooth headset...

... or get TalkLock.
    02-05-09 02:33 PM
    It happens to me. For me it only happens when I use speed dial with one specific entry. Others don't, but one will always do it.
    02-05-09 06:04 PM
    BTW - what the OP is talking about has nothing to do with turning on speakerpone or mute with your face while in a call.
    02-05-09 06:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD