First problem is the random reboot. I'm in the same boat as others where the phone will randomly reboot while idle. Talk about annoying.

The second, and more important problem is the VERY poor call quality and dropped calls. I've been with verizon for years and in the past 5 years I've maybe had a dozen dropped calls. With the storm, I've already had the same amount. Completely unacceptable. I don't know whether to stick around for a OS update in hopes that will fix it, OR to request a replacement.

12-11-08 07:54 PM
    There are good Storms out there. Have them send you a replacement. You shouldn't have to deal with what is their problem. Make em give you a new one!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 09:00 PM
    I have noticed that I get poor or no signal strength in many parts of my home with the Storm. I never had this issue with my Pearl. I miss many calls because of that, and have dropped a few too.
    12-12-08 07:12 AM
    I have had my Storm since day one and haven't dropped one call and the audio seems OK as well and no complaints from anyone I talk to.

I have had about four or five random reboots (none in the last week). Could some of the reboots be app related because of software incompatibility??
    12-12-08 07:21 AM
    There are good Storms out there. Have them send you a replacement. You shouldn't have to deal with what is their problem. Make em give you a new one!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm really considering this. I am trying to give VZW the benefit of a doubt but damn it's tough.

The reboots I think can be fixed via the OS updates and I can compromise, but dropped calls and bad call quality I cannot. FFS it's 2008, phones should be able to work as PHONES.
    12-12-08 07:58 AM
    I have had my Storm since day one and haven't dropped one call and the audio seems OK as well and no complaints from anyone I talk to.

I have had about four or five random reboots (none in the last week). Could some of the reboots be app related because of software incompatibility??
    I have often considered this actually... I may start a fresh install and install the core OS and leave all 3rd party apps off and gradually see what happens.
    12-12-08 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD