Alright. I have been using Blackberry for a few years now. I used to have the 8100 and freakin loved it. I switched services for better coverage and got the Storm instead. At first I was so amazed by it. I had to get used to it but that didn't take long. It also didn't take long to notice all of the times it reboots randomly. I thought maybe it would just stop after a while but it hasn't. It pisses me off so bad when it happens. I'll be listening to Slacker radio and it will just cut off. It also happens when I'm not using it and I will just notice the screen flash. I think it happens worse when I'm trying to show somebody my "freakin awesome phone". You know, I payed a bit of money for this phone and this **** keeps happening? I wonder why I don't get any official updates to the software or os from RIM? The more it keeps happening the more people are going to believe I have tourettes because I'm yelling "pig ****er phone! **** sucking piece of monkey ****!"

Sorry about all the swearing but ****!
    04-26-09 01:36 PM
    My friend's touch screen samsung phone was quicker and does not cut off. What the heck did I pay for?
    04-26-09 01:38 PM
    what OS are you running.
    04-26-09 01:42 PM
    And yet another satisfied 90FAIL30 customer : )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-09 01:53 PM
    Cereal , your going to regret getting rid of it , im telling yeah its shaping up real nice man.
    04-26-09 01:58 PM
    Defective device... I've NEVER experienced a random reboot

04-26-09 02:33 PM
    I just had a random reboot for the first time i woke up and my phone went back to all the factory settings and erased all my stuff i had to get up and back it up before work that pissed me off bad
    04-26-09 02:36 PM
    Had random issues till I wiped and reloaded .75 official. I have since upgraded to the newest beta .132 with no reboots. Woo hoo. Very happy with my phone now.

04-26-09 02:55 PM
    Had random issues till I wiped and reloaded .75 official. I have since upgraded to the newest beta .132 with no reboots. Woo hoo. Very happy with my phone now.

I've been getting the random reboot issue for some time but thought it was normal but now I'm finding that it's not and I'm more than frustrated. First, is this the best way to fix it? And second, will this remove the 3 or 4 3rd party apps I've installed?

Lastly, can someone give me a brief description on how to do this? Thanks!

PS I'm running OS .75 and this is my first BB phone so if there are any tips and tricks you'd like to share please do so!!
    Last edited by Birkster; 05-14-09 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Add my OS info
    05-14-09 05:18 PM
    this is my 1st blackberry and I absolutely love it.. but i have had the same fricking problem with the rebooting issue also and It is fricking annoying. I won't even be using it and I'd go to check the time and it's in the middle of rebooting with the black screen and red flashing light on. it hasn't done it the like a day or two and then all of a sudden it did again 3 times today while I was at work. Whats up with this rebooting by itself. I'm running os .75. Anyone know whats going on and how to fix the rebooting issue. Thanks in advance
    05-16-09 07:44 PM
    Had my first random reboot today. Was traveling and was on extended network. Updated PRL before I left, and made a few calls. Then on the third call before I connected, it rebooted. Kind of annoying.
    05-18-09 11:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD