What are these pictures that just randomly come up when i go to the home screen. It is very weird. They are like little parts of the picture each time. I'm like what the *&!& is that. Yeah I want to know what they are.

Somehow whenever I go to back to the homepage I see a sliver of a picture that seems to be thunder and lightning. What is it? It pops up randomly at the oddest times. It's not that I want to stop it's just that I want to know what it is. Anyone know what it is?

Matt

Anyone know about this?
    02-23-09 07:10 PM
    I believe it is the default wallpaper for the Storm. Verizon has replaced it with their standard red wallpaper.
    02-23-09 07:45 PM
    It's a known problem with the latest "stable" (i use the term loosely) OS .75. It's kind of like how the phone will refuse to save videos sometimes, or just reboot when you're making a call every once and a while. It does it when it wants to. Not really much we can do about it.
    02-23-09 07:48 PM
    O I get it (Sort of) :P
    02-23-09 07:48 PM
    the storm wallpaper to which you refer cannot actually be found anywhere on the device. This whole thing is a big ?
    02-23-09 07:52 PM
    Yeah thats what I was wondering too. Wouldnt it be with the other default pictures if its the regular default background?

Matt
    02-23-09 08:16 PM
    If you spend a minute on these forums you realize that the storm has many more unanswered questions, and seemingly illogical ways of functioning.
    02-23-09 08:21 PM
    I have wondered about this from day one. Very strange indeed. Must just be some leftover glitch that has never been completely fixed. What's also funny is that its never the entire screen that shows the wallpaper, just a little glimpse every now and then to let you know that its there. I hate being teased.
    02-23-09 08:26 PM
    I get them randomly as well, pretty strange stuff
    02-23-09 08:44 PM
    I started noticing this after I installed Aerize. Anyone else with aerize notice this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 10:09 PM
    My "impression" is that lots of folks would like to know where the files and controls for this are. I think that what we are seeing are random break-downs in the RIM OS for Storm (when it just appears over a small portion of the screen.) When it covers most of the Storm screen, I "think" it is Joe down in the RIM skunk works showing just how cool he can be and he is saying a major event has just occurred on your Storm.

Doctor Neutron
    02-23-09 10:12 PM
    Why the double post?
    02-23-09 11:06 PM
    Double post? Why?
    02-23-09 11:06 PM
    02-23-09 11:09 PM
    the lightening one is hardcoded in with the theme/OS. the carrier and personal ones just lay on top, rather than eliminating it. (imo this is one of the things that cause performance capabilities)
    02-23-09 11:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD