I have had my blackberry storm since it came out and i have not seen/heard this issue before....anyone know what it can be...

Randomly today my phone has just beeped at me. 2 or 3 very fast paced beeps and thats all. The phone is on a custom vibrate profile and all sounds are turned off. I have full charge, good signal and at the times of the beeps it does not appear as though anything is going on with the phone (no messages coming in, etc..)...

Has anyone seen/heard something like this? any idea what it could be and how I can stop it?

Thanks a lot,

EDIT:

Maybe, just a theory, hopefully someone can prove or debunk it...my memory application memory is at 7.5 MB (which I don't really get as I only have 4 or 5 games, google maps and facebook installed on here), but could that be a warning that my memory is getting low!?
    Last edited by jpetersen5; 05-29-09 at 11:40 AM.
    05-29-09 11:38 AM
    Pull your battery out (while the device is ON), leave it out for 10 or 15 seconds and put it back in. If that doesn't work, do it again and leave it out for 5 minutes, then put it back in. If that doesn't work, report back.

Grey
    05-29-09 11:44 AM
    +1
    Recommendation for proper function = @ least 12mb below which device deletes files 2 free up space.

If u want guide: HOW2: app mem

I agree w/theory.
    05-29-09 12:00 PM
    I had a similar problem, and my led was flasing blue. I was doing beta testing and was unaware that the prg would do that. are you testing any software?
    05-29-09 01:35 PM
    NO, turns out there is a reason I have never heard it before...it was a clock from the guy in the cube next to me, I over heard him complaining about it. He said that it was the first time its done it and it make the noise every hour on the hour. Everytime it goes off, it really sound like its coming from my phone, but its not!
    05-29-09 02:35 PM
    NO, turns out there is a reason I have never heard it before...it was a clock from the guy in the cube next to me, I over heard him complaining about it. He said that it was the first time its done it and it make the noise every hour on the hour. Everytime it goes off, it really sound like its coming from my phone, but its not!
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha! That is classic! At least you don't have to freak out about your phone anymore!
    05-29-09 03:35 PM
    That's a classic. Problem resolved
    05-29-09 04:12 PM
    Tell you cubie buddy to try a battery pull on his clock. It fixes almost everything on a Storm.

Grey
    05-29-09 06:18 PM
    Very funny!! Thanks for reporting.
    05-29-09 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD