Does anyone else have the issue with the screen becoming brighter and then dimmer at random. It's strange.
    11-23-08 10:07 AM
    Yeah, I've noticed that at times as well. No idea why though.
    11-23-08 10:09 AM
    Does anyone else have the issue with the screen becoming brighter and then dimmer at random. It's strange.
    Do you have the option to Automatic dim? It has a sensor so that when its bright out, it dims to save energy since you can see the screen, and when you move into darker areas it will automatically brighten.
    11-23-08 10:09 AM
    Do you have the option to Automatic dim? It has a sensor so that when its bright out, it dims to save energy since you can see the screen, and when you move into darker areas it will automatically brighten.
    Yeah I do, but that doesn't work too well from what I can see. It worked very well on my Curve. You could turn on a bright light and see it dim and then turn it off and it would brighten up. The Storm doesn't seem to be doing that though. It just brightens when it wants to.
    11-23-08 10:22 AM
    I turned automatic dim off and I no longer have this problem.
    11-23-08 10:22 AM
    Also, we you use your storm, make sure your hand doesn't block the LED/light sensor.
    11-23-08 10:32 AM
    Also, we you use your storm, make sure your hand doesn't block the LED/light sensor.
    Where is this light sensor?
    11-23-08 10:33 AM
    as i said, led/light sensor, so they are physically together.
    11-23-08 10:35 AM
    I've been having random screen brightness problems too. For some reason if I'm in a dark room, the screen is dim when the phone is vertical but way brighter if I rotate the phone horizontally. Why would this happen?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by weizilla; 11-24-08 at 10:56 PM.
    11-24-08 10:51 PM
    Actually, it darkens when you go into a dark area, and brightens when you go into a well lit area.
    11-24-08 10:59 PM
    I have odd screen dimming isues too. It will dim/brighten at will even when I'm sitting in the same spot.
    11-24-08 11:00 PM
    TURN OFF auto dim. its that simple. lol
    11-24-08 11:11 PM
    Turn off auto dim and leave the backlight between 30-70 IMO...should save you a little back light and I have yet to have a problem seeing the screen...course I'm used to keeping my backlight ALL the way down to save battery (I have my Storm at 30 now)...i dunno, I'm OCD about my batteries, i don't even like them getting below 50% before around the time i go to sleep.
    11-24-08 11:48 PM
    TURN OFF auto dim. its that simple. lol
    It's there for a reason. So that when you use this thing at night it doesn't hurt your eyes when it is blasting at full brightness... it works great on 8830, why Storm has problems is beyond me!
    11-25-08 12:16 AM
    Looks like this is another problem rim has take care of. In a dark room, With auto-dim off, the screen is still really bright, even at 10%, compared with auto-dim on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 08:54 AM
    i bought 2 storms 1 for me one for the old lady no matter what i do her's is brighter and crisper plus screen clicks better mine also has a little bit of a green tint in any white areas all settings are the same kinda pissed i already got 1 replaced because a button fell off i'm gonna take this one back today with hers so they can compare the 2.
    12-20-08 11:23 AM
    There is a bug in all OS's (except in .83) that with auto dim on and in a dark room, rotating the Storm from portrait to landscape would make it go to full brightness and stay (until rotated back to portrait). Again, this was fixed in .83.
    12-20-08 11:31 AM
    i mean i wont lie, my screen actually dims and gets brighter properly now with the .83 upgrade. and last night at 2am in my room it was pitch black and the screen was perfectly dim. i really hope nothing changes in the real .83 release...i am satisfied to the fullest.
    12-20-08 12:53 PM
    The auto-dim drove me nuts, so I turned it off (still on .65 at the time). Then upgraded to .75, and I still get random dimming/brightening even though auto-dim is set to off.

I'm hoping the official .83 release solves this, as it's annoying - although definitely not a deal-breaker. I love my Storm!
    12-20-08 01:34 PM
    mine lights up when im just sitting inthe same spot.
    and i have the auto dim off.
    and my backlight is at 50.

so i dont see why?

just cause?
    my phone is saying hi?
    12-22-08 09:59 PM
    i kinda like the disco effect of the screen getting lighter and darker.

"Stewie" UMmph ummph ummph ummph ummph ummph.

"Jasper" Whyyyd yah stop?

Thanks for the auto light tip, turning mine off as i type..
    12-22-08 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD