It seem like every time when my battery reach around 5% the phone radio turn off and I lose all signal. What bug me is that it will not automatic turn the radio signal back on and I missed a lot of call because of that. Is there a way to prevent the radio from turning off even when battery is low. Thank.
    Last edited by ukhn99; 12-03-08 at 01:01 AM.
    12-03-08 12:13 AM
    Not that I know of, sorry.
    12-03-08 12:36 AM
    I wish.

This is one of those truly dumb features I've found on this smartphone. Coming from dumbphones like the LG Dare and Helio Ocean, I was surprised by this behavior. On them, when the battery gets low, they shutdown everything but the radio. Trying to save that last microvolt of energy for an emergency call.

Where on those phones the media player access is turned off, the Storm apparently thinks listening to my mp3s is more important than the possibility of making an e911 call... Maybe that's the button we need to push wwith RIM / VZ: until the battery is completely dead, e911 access (aka the radio being on) is a requirement.
    12-03-08 12:37 AM
    I prefer having access to my data over the radio and enjoy this feature on BB's.

Considering that I am so reliant on my address book and email for contact information it seems there is no point in having a radio as I wouldn't know which number to dial.

In an emergency I may be screwed, but what are the odds of being in an emergency situation where there is only one phone around that only has 2 percent battery left?
    12-03-08 12:51 AM
    I prefer having access to my data over the radio and enjoy this feature on BB's.

Considering that I am so reliant on my address book and email for contact information it seems there is no point in having a radio as I wouldn't know which number to dial.

In an emergency I may be screwed, but what are the odds of being in an emergency situation where there is only one phone around that only has 2 percent battery left?
    Your address book is stored locally. Emailing someone for help isn't an option I'd like to explore if I had to. What is their email addy anyways? [email protected]?

Jokes aside, phone should always have priority in all things on a cellphone. It may not be something as important as calling 911 when you've banged out on a backroad somewhere. But what about phoning the significant other when you're not near a charger to let them know something important?
    12-03-08 01:02 AM
    it makes sense cause the radio uses so much battery. If i can either a) have the radio on for 10 more minutes and then a dead phone or b) scrap the 10 minutes and have 3 hours of pda usage, i would rather the 3 hours over the 10 minutes.

and yes it uses that much. my moto Q NEVER EVER got more than 24 hours standby with the current battery, after i got the storm, i turned the radio off completely, but left the phone on, i kid you not its been on for almost 5 days straight.
    12-03-08 01:16 AM
    Murphy's law maybe?
    Seriously, if it is not already enabled, the phone should by all means try to connect when an emergency call is placed using any of the supported networks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-08 01:28 AM
    it makes sense cause the radio uses so much battery. If i can either a) have the radio on for 10 more minutes and then a dead phone or b) scrap the 10 minutes and have 3 hours of pda usage, i would rather the 3 hours over the 10 minutes.

and yes it uses that much. my moto Q NEVER EVER got more than 24 hours standby with the current battery, after i got the storm, i turned the radio off completely, but left the phone on, i kid you not its been on for almost 5 days straight.
    what the point of having a cell phone if you are going to turn off all signal, it kind off defeat all of it purpose don't you think.
    12-03-08 03:09 AM
    what the point of having a cell phone if you are going to turn off all signal, it kind off defeat all of it purpose don't you think.
    because its more than just a phone, its a pda.

atleast then i can get the addresses out, appointments, etc. atleast if i have my numbers i can make a call from another phone. if my phone dies, i cant get any phone numbers and cant make any calls.

that being said, it should be an option to set the way you want it.
    12-03-08 03:35 AM

that being said, it should be an option to set the way you want it.

^^

how hard would that option be not hard I would assume..
    12-03-08 04:05 AM
    What really bugs me is the fact that when the radio turns off and you plug it in the phone wont allow you to turn the radio on until its off of low battery. This is extremly frusterating when you are talking to somebody on the phone or are not close to a charger and it dies. You then have to wait like 20 min while the phone recharges to normal status. In all my other phones if the phone dies you simply plug it in and its ready to go. You can talk all day while on the charger. I wish it was simple so that when the phone is plugged in the radio is always on
    12-03-08 04:17 AM
    Maybe there will be an app to fix this. It happened to me today. Very frustrating!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-08 04:47 AM
    What really bugs me is the fact that when the radio turns off and you plug it in the phone wont allow you to turn the radio on until its off of low battery. This is extremly frusterating when you are talking to somebody on the phone or are not close to a charger and it dies. You then have to wait like 20 min while the phone recharges to normal status. In all my other phones if the phone dies you simply plug it in and its ready to go. You can talk all day while on the charger. I wish it was simple so that when the phone is plugged in the radio is always on
    Same here, Why can't they let us turn the radio back on if it is plug in, that is just a big major flaw.
    12-04-08 02:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD