For some unknown reason my Storm's radio, signal connection, has started to turn off on its own, when I do either plug it into my computer to backup or charge it. Have searched around on the forums and not come up with a solution. I am, and have been running .75 OS since purchase. I have added stormlock, appleberry theme (today), quicklaunch and quickpull apps. Suggestions? Thanks.
    02-24-09 12:13 PM
    Well when your phone get's down t about 5% battery the radio automatically turns off till you recharge it. Are you staying it does it when the battery is well charged?
    02-24-09 12:17 PM
    Well when your phone get's down t about 5% battery the radio automatically turns off till you recharge it. Are you staying it does it when the battery is well charged?
    Battery life has nothing to do with it whatsoever. In my case anyway. I read the other posts where the battery was getting low and going into a standby or turning off the radio until a certain % in reached but this is not my case.
    02-24-09 12:21 PM
    That is why I was checking. I have been back and forth with another CB member on this thread with a similar issue.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/awa...corner-161996/

it isn't his phone though, so it's harder to trouble shoot. Are you doing anything in particular and it turns off? Or you just notice that it's off?
    02-24-09 12:24 PM
    For some unknown reason my Storm's radio, signal connection, has started to turn off on its own, when I do either plug it into my computer to backup or charge it. Have searched around on the forums and not come up with a solution. I am, and have been running .75 OS since purchase. I have added stormlock, appleberry theme (today), quicklaunch and quickpull apps. Suggestions? Thanks.
    maybe you have a defect with the radio..tell verizon they will send u a replacement.
    02-24-09 12:26 PM
    It seems to be associated with plugging it in via usb to my laptop when I backup files or change apps etc. The other issue was plugging it in to charge it, not due to an extremely low battery, just to give it a boost for the day.
    02-24-09 12:28 PM
    So soon as you plug it in the radio shuts off? ooh i see what you mean now, sorry your first post was worded funny. Short of wiping/reinstalling OS, I would suggest a replacement. The other thread is more of a random thing.
    02-24-09 12:31 PM
    Guess I'll make another call to Verizon. See if I can't get Storm #3 on its way. Wooohooo.
    02-24-09 12:34 PM
    i have this at random times too. and i'll see in the 'bars' area in the top right it says 'off' it does it overnight normally when i'm not using it and doesn't happen all the time and i just go to make a call it will ask to turn radio on and i say yes it's perfectly fine. at first i was worried but i don't get a lot of action on my phone overnight so it's no big deal for me. but i do wonder what makes it do that on it's own.
    02-24-09 12:36 PM
    Hmm and you do not have the Auto Off setting turned on under Options?
    02-24-09 12:53 PM
    This is a random issues with the OS. I am running .75 as well and it did this often when I first got the phone. It hasn't happened to me in a while though. It seems to do it more when the auto on/off feature is used.
    02-24-09 01:27 PM
    Hmm and you do not have the Auto Off setting turned on under Options?
    No auto off or bedside settings.
    02-24-09 01:39 PM
    Hmm alright, might be a random issue with the phone or OS. It seems like more users are reporting this. Even other models of BB's have had this, like the old 8700's. You can try a replacement. Or wait it out and see if goes away like others report.
    02-24-09 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD