Please excuse my ignorance, but is it normal for radio data not to be activated?? the thing is my phone works great data and emails and voice calls and BBM5 all works great , but the diagnostic for mobile network ( results below ) showing no radio and other things?? are these results ok??
    My carriewr Etisalat is a GSM , and my mobile network configs are :
    Data serv on
    network selection mode auto B
    network tech global

> Device Type: BlackBerry 9550
    > Application Version: v5.0.0.320
    > Platform Version: 4.2.0.124
    > Service Books:
    > Free File Space: 140279026 bytes
    > Radio Data Activation: No
    > Signal Level: Unknown
    > Radio Access: Unknown
    > Network: Unknown
    > IP Address: Unknown
    > ICMP Ping Echo: Abort
    > BlackBerry Registration: Abort
    > Connected to BlackBerry: Abort
    > BlackBerry PIN-PIN: Abort
    Last edited by talal55; 11-23-09 at 01:19 PM.
    11-23-09 01:15 PM
    hey guys any one please!!
    11-23-09 03:29 PM
    I don't see those things on mine
    11-23-09 04:00 PM
    Where are you running your diagnostics from. Sorry I'm not familiar with what you are running, but if you point me in the right place, I might be able to help you figure out what is supposed to be there.
    11-23-09 06:40 PM
    option/mobile network/menue/diagnostic test/menue/run
    thank you guys for your assistance
    11-24-09 05:31 AM
    Ok so when I run it, looks like this:

Radio Data Activation: Yes
    Signal Level: -88dBm
    Radio Access EVDO
    Network: Verizon Wireless
    IP Address: x.x.x.x
    ICMP Ping Echo: Yes
    ----------------------------------
    Blackberry Registration: Yes
    Connected to Blackberry: Yes
    Blackberry Pin-Pin: Yes

Ok so the top part looks like its your radio and your 3G network.
    The bottom part has to do specifically with your registration to Blackberry.

So remember when you activate your phone, there are two different things that happen.

First, your carrier needs to activate your phone onto their network so the phone is allowed to send its data via their wireless network. Second you register your blackberry to RIM (via the host routing table) to be able to speak to Blackberry.

Note that if the first is never complete, your data will never make it to RIM to receive its Service Books, and you pretty much won't be able to do anything legitimate.

So, after all that, given that it looks like your phone is working correctly, but the diagnostic tool is not, there could be one of several things going on.

First, it could be that the diagnostic tool is not compatible with Etisalat. This is the likely scenario I would envision, since it appears the phone isn't working correctly.

It could also be that the network itself will not allow ICMP (ping) to carry correctly off their wireless network when initiated via a wireless device. I'd imagine the diagnostic tool isn't doing much more then a ping to see if it is active, so that may be likely.

Third, the diagnostic program has a bug in it relegated specifically to your phone. If this is the case, I'd imagine other people are having the issue, we just don't know about it because they don't know how to run that tool. This shouldn't be of any major concern though, because then its just a software bug, and will likely get ironed out at some point in the future.

Fourth, its possible there is something wrong with your phone that you are just not seeing. This is highly unlikely, I'd imagine that you would see something more.

Okay so moving forward. The first thing I would try is to resend your service books.

Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register Now.

After that run the diagnostic again.
    If your registration comes back successfully (you should get a message saying so), and the diagnostic still is having issues, I would update the phones coverage area.

I'm not sure how your provider does it, but for Verizon its *228.

Last question before I let you digest all this. Did you need to unlock your phone or does it run natively on that carrier? I'm not sure it will make a difference, but just in the spirit of having as much information as possible.

Hope this helps, good luck!
    11-24-09 10:11 AM
    Wow, i do need time to digest these info
    but to quickly answer your last question, i bought my S2 on line from the state and it was suppose to be unlocked, however not active was shown in the upper phone ehen i installed my sim, although it was operating normally tho, and i did some googling and all i had todo is to enter my phone number and no active was gone.
    Now i'll check what you wrote and inform you.
    can't really thank you enough for youe much appreciated help .
    11-24-09 10:35 AM
    Have you gone to Options>Mobile Network>Network Technology and made sure it isn't defaulted to 1XEV? You need it to read GSM/UMTS to work on your carrier. Just a thought.
    11-24-09 12:45 PM
    yes i did
    i have network selection mode set on Auto
    net tech set on GSM/UMTS
    and net mode set on 3G$2G

the phon and data working fine , i just don't understand how theRadio Data Activation: No ??
    11-24-09 03:26 PM

Okay so moving forward. The first thing I would try is to resend your service books.

Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register Now.
    I've done that, even made a wipe still getting same results
    11-24-09 03:30 PM
    OK I figured that wouldn't do anything. Moving forward, can you do a reprogram of your phone?

I'm not sure how its done on your carrier, but I'm sure with a little digging you should be able to figure it out.

Also, given your data and your voice are working correctly, I wouldn't worry to much about it, its probably just a bug or a compatibility thing somewhere.
    11-24-09 05:57 PM
    thanks stuckhere4ever for being patiant with me
    i'll find out this reprogramming !!
    11-25-09 04:08 AM
    thanks stuckhere4ever for being patiant with me
    i'll find out this reprogramming !!
    Not a problem at all, take your time, I'm not going anywhere.
    11-25-09 09:48 AM
    i have the same problem.
    is it possible that 9550 is designed for evdo (cdma) instead of gsm? all of my friends who are using gsm for their 9550 generate the same problems.
    09-18-10 05:45 AM
    i have the same problem.
    is it possible that 9550 is designed for evdo (cdma) instead of gsm? all of my friends who are using gsm for their 9550 generate the same problems.
    09-18-10 04:41 PM
    I am having the same sort of problem. For the 4th Friday in a row, my Torch loses it's Blackberry registration to the BB network.

AT&T has swapped SIM card, nothing. Tested SIM card in differenct Torch, worked. AT&T swapped the phone. (week 1).

The new phone did the same thing the followoing Friday (week 2). Did a complete wipe, and was back in business. But had to reconfigure the entire phone to my liking again, maor pain in the rear.

Well, third Firday (week 3), phone has lost connection to the Blackberry network again.

No emails work, Gmail, Blackberry, or my Enterprise Server. My Browser and maps work. So I have some sort of connection.

Surprisingly, if I goto to a WiFi Hotspot, I can send and recieve emails again. But if I turn off my WiFi, email service won't work.

If I try to send an email, I see the Tx and Rx arrows flash, but nothing ever gets sent or received.

Help.... I am getting tired of wiping my phone every Friday, and reconfiguring it....

10-08-10 08:37 AM
    I have:-

Signal Level: -99dBm
    Radio Data Activation: Yes
    Radio Access: GPRS (can also be UTMS if I am on 3G)
    Network: Vodafone UK
    ICMP Ping Echo: Yes
    Blackberry Registration: Yes
    Connection to Blackberry: Yes
    BlackBerry PIN-PIN: Yes

I also have an IP Address entry.
    10-08-10 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD