1st. Thanks for lookin', this will be short.

I downloaded Radio Companion and got it running...I'm pretty pumped!

I called Telus (my carrier) to make sure that i would not be charged anything through my "unlimited plan". The lady (BB staff are awesome at Telus btw), said that an App like Youtube would not charge a "fee per meg"... i presume b/c it is streamed.

The lady then said that an App like Radio Companion (one they don't really know about) "could" and "probably would" charge $30 per meg. I explained that this app streams much like youtube does...she just said she "understands"....but cannot verify one way or the other if this app, in fact, behaves this way.

Any definitive answer that may appease my paranoia? . . . My long term solution is: I have played the radio on it for a good 5 mins, ill see if there's an exorbant download chanrge on the next bill.
    03-02-09 08:14 AM
    i thought unlimited included everything, except for tethering
    03-02-09 09:10 AM
    Unlimited includes everything EXCEPT using the BB as a modem (tethering). So anything you surf or stream on your BB screen is in your unlimited pkg, but any data viewed on a laptop or pc screen would be tethered.
    03-02-09 09:52 AM
    Thanks guys.... i presume this was corporate script...but im anal.

'preciate it.
    03-02-09 03:35 PM
    Sorry. Noob question...

Even gps?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 08:20 PM
    Sorry. Noob question...

Even gps?

Yes even gps, the only data not covered is texting (which in itself is a ripoff)
    03-02-09 08:40 PM
    Yes even gps, the only data not covered is texting (which in itself is a ripoff)
    Are you talking about gps such as google maps or vz nav?

03-02-09 09:40 PM
    Youe Verizon guys need to realize we are talking TELUS here. You need to check your own carriers arrangements.
    03-03-09 04:33 AM
    With Verizon, I signed-up for online billing and I check it often to ensure that I'm not being charged for anything I shouldn't be.
    03-03-09 06:21 AM
    With Verizon, I signed-up for online billing and I check it often to ensure that I'm not being charged for anything I shouldn't be.

That's the best idea so that you can be proactive if you need to be......
    03-03-09 06:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD