Yes i'm a rookie greenhorn etc.... But I keep hearing about radio codes.. What are they? I get that they have to do with streaming radio because of the references to pandora and slacker. But I keep hearing other discriptions as colorful etc. Also, how do you know what version you are running?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 12:14 PM
    When you install the .exe of any 9530 OS if you look in the folder it installs in you will see a bunch of files and two folder- CDMA and JAVA.

The CDMA folder contains a .sfi file. This is the radio file. In my understanding it is responsible for all of the direct interface with the Hardware among other things mainly how well the device can receive a signal- it's RF performance and how it communcates with DA Network, I believe it also controls the audio performance.

If you look in Options>About You will see the number of the version of your OS and in parenthesies it will tell you which platform as well. The platform will tell you which radio file you have installed. The official VZW is v4.7.0.75 the platform is 4.0.0.90 The .90 is what everyone around here would call the .75 radio

For the latest .148 leak the platform is .181

Hope that explains it. Then again maybe I don't know what I am talking about since I have only had a blackberry for around 3 months or so....
    05-22-09 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD