Hi all:

I have been using various os configurations for my unlocked 9530 on T-mobile. It is a well known issue that the storm cant really hold an EDGE connection with TCP/IP on most recent OS's.
    I know that the .90 radio file does allow for a strong EDGE+TCp connection.
    However the .90 radio causes constant random reboots.

I have heard that the .75 radio is also good for EDGE/TCp connections but never actually tried it.

Just today i upgraded my OS to .144 but the radio issues are still there. So i am considering going back to either 1 of these 2 radios and want to get thoughts and suggestions from ppl here in the forums.

cheers!
    04-30-09 04:06 PM
    Hi all:

I have been using various os configurations for my unlocked 9530 on T-mobile. It is a well known issue that the storm cant really hold an EDGE connection with TCP/IP on most recent OS's.
    I know that the .90 radio file does allow for a strong EDGE+TCp connection.
    However the .90 radio causes constant random reboots.

I have heard that the .75 radio is also good for EDGE/TCp connections but never actually tried it.

Just today i upgraded my OS to .144 but the radio issues are still there. So i am considering going back to either 1 of these 2 radios and want to get thoughts and suggestions from ppl here in the forums.

cheers!
    I am currently having similar problems. When i was on OS.75
    everything was running great aside from the lagging..
    So I changed to 141/Hybrid and changed the radio to 122 and everything seems to be stable accept when I use MMS or the Actual TMO browser icon.
    I am using the following APN settings internet2.voicestream.com.. I been searching for a fix for the MMS problem.. I haven't found anything yet.. Although I might try changing the radio to 109.
    05-11-09 10:29 AM
    I'm currently on .141 with the radio file from .90 . yes, the phone reboots itself often in the beginning but give it some time and the rebooting should minimized. However, i'm have rebooting issue when playing a movie. Still searching for something that work with all applications.
    05-19-09 04:24 PM
    I am currently having similar problems. When i was on OS.75
    everything was running great aside from the lagging..
    So I changed to 141/Hybrid and changed the radio to 122 and everything seems to be stable accept when I use MMS or the Actual TMO browser icon.
    I am using the following APN settings internet2.voicestream.com.. I been searching for a fix for the MMS problem.. I haven't found anything yet.. Although I might try changing the radio to 109.
    i'm on .141 with radio code for .90. no problem at all with MMS. You might try to change your APN setting to : wap.voicestream.com . working for me.
    05-19-09 04:26 PM
    Guys, I am using Crackman's v5.1 hybrid right now with the .132 radio. You have to use all BIS connections but it totally eliminates the reboots, holds EDGE without any issues and make the phone much faster. I would recommend looking into programs that will allow BIS only connections and making the switch.

Currently I am running:
    Berryweather
    Google Maps
    Google Sync
    UberTwitter
    Poynt

All of these allow BIS. I can surf to YouTube and use the mobile site. If you need other streaming options you may be out of luck though.
    05-19-09 06:54 PM
    I am using lyricidal's 141/5.0 hybrid with the .90 radio code and my tcp settings are for wap.voicestream.com and I have great EDGE all the time, and have only had one reboot, and one lockup in over 2 weeks of use. Both times I had a gps program running and was answering/making calls with my Bluetooth. Has not done it since.
    05-19-09 07:43 PM
    i'm on .141 with radio code for .90. no problem at all with MMS. You might try to change your APN setting to : wap.voicestream.com . working for me.

Really you have no problems!! with MMS, it odd, how about when you use apps.
    05-20-09 08:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD