I've erased and reloaded "QuickPull" at least 3 times, done batpulls after the reloads, etc. Every time I try the app I get the "Something went wrong...Aborting" error.

I've verified that permissions are ALL set to "Allow" and that "Compatibility mode" is off.

Anybody have any other suggestions - polite ones?
    01-24-09 06:47 PM
    I have had problems with quickpull and soft reset ever since upgrading to 4.5... i am not sure maybe the OS is the problem.
    01-24-09 06:50 PM
    For the quickpull to work on the storm you have to have compatibility mode set to ON not OFF...mine works perfect
    01-24-09 08:59 PM
    same for me
    01-24-09 09:01 PM
    Ooops.

I'll give that a try.

Nope,

No joy.

Installed, double checked permissions, verified it's NOT in "compatibility mode", did a batpull, same story.
    "Something went wrong... Aborted." "Uncaught exception: java.lang.illegalArgumentException"...

I give up - unless someone has more ideas...
    Last edited by bigredrandy; 01-24-09 at 09:23 PM. Reason: more data later
    01-24-09 09:13 PM
    I also get an error. I try to set permissions for to allow... but it always stays at deny.
    01-24-09 09:36 PM
    Same message here. Running .75 and rest of phone works flawlessly. But same as you, I've tried multiple times with multiple installs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-09 09:53 PM
    No problem since I fist installed it. Works like it is supposed to.
    01-24-09 10:06 PM
    In applications you have to hit menu key and disable compatibility
    01-24-09 10:11 PM
    Those that are getting errors, try the following.

Options> Advanced Options> Applications> Highlight Email Setup Application> Press BB Key> Edit Default Permissions> Set everything to "Allow"> Save

01-24-09 10:16 PM
    Those that are getting errors, try the following.

Options> Advanced Options> Applications> Highlight Email Setup Application> Press BB Key> Edit Default Permissions> Set everything to "Allow"> Save

BINGO

Thank you!

Works like a CHAMP! I had been setting the permissions in the "QuickPull" application. Did I mis-understand all the other contributors, or is this just a bit obscure?

EXCEPT......

NOW I get the "Media Card Inserted" issue, if I get past that, the keyboard pops up on EVERY app I try to open, whether it's needed or not. ESPECIALLY in QuickPull.
    Last edited by bigredrandy; 01-24-09 at 10:49 PM.
    01-24-09 10:28 PM
    No, you didn't misunderstand the other users. None of the other users suggested changing the default settings for the Email Setup App, they only suggested changing it for the QuickPull App. Also this problem has been around since 1.1.0 of QuickPull and most forget about this error. This error appears because of the scheduling service built into the BB, that is why Zaventh implemented their own starting in the 1.1.10 version.

As for the keyboard showing up in other apps, this is because of the compatibility mode. You have to check to make sure that it wasn't enabled for those apps.

01-24-09 11:06 PM
    Thanks SO much for your help.

If this were another site - you may know which one - you'd be getting a whole bucket of "Kudos"...
    01-25-09 06:07 PM
    Not a problem Randy. I'm still trying to figure out your other problem that you emailed me about and I emailed you what I think about it. I also happen to be a member of that other site you talk about too.

01-25-09 06:17 PM
    I can't set everything to allow... the following are my only options:

Phone: Prompt/Deny
    Server Network: Prompt/Deny
    Internet: Prompt/Deny

Input simulation: Deny
    Browser filtering: Deny

everything else is set to allow.
    01-26-09 07:59 AM
    You can just set them all at once, you don't have to do it individually. If you go to the Permissions Default screen for QuickPull, you can just click the drop down menu next to Connections, Interactions and User Data and select Allow to change everything in the categories.

01-26-09 09:24 AM
    I have tried everything. But input simulation will not change. When I click on it a black box shows up but does not allow me to change it to allow. It stays on deny.
    02-02-09 11:03 AM
    I have tried everything. But input simulation will not change. When I click on it a black box shows up but does not allow me to change it to allow. It stays on deny.
    What version of QP are you using? Also did you try running the app right after installing it? If you didn't, remove the app and redownload it from the OTA link, then try to run it right after. It should say that QP is requesting to change options and it will change them on the following screen.

02-02-09 07:26 PM
    What version of QP are you using? Also did you try running the app right after installing it? If you didn't, remove the app and redownload it from the OTA link, then try to run it right after. It should say that QP is requesting to change options and it will change them on the following screen.

I am using Qp 1.20 When Qp asks me to change my options (interactions)I select allow but it does not stay on allow it defaults back to deny. Input simulation is on deny and does not have any option to change it to allow.

This is why I tried making the changes under the option muenu method but still no luck.
    02-02-09 11:28 PM
    I d/l'ed Soft Reset when I first got my Storm. I seemed to have lost it in all the OS upgrades. Where do I get it? Is Quick Pull different, better or about the same?
    02-02-09 11:35 PM
    I d/l'ed Soft Reset when I first got my Storm. I seemed to have lost it in all the OS upgrades. Where do I get it? Is Quick Pull different, better or about the same?
    Here is the OTA for soft reset:

http://www.geekandproud.net/blackber.../softreset.jad

Soft Reset and QuickPull are basically the same app with slight changes. The buttons in Soft Reset are bigger but QuickPull has a scheduling feature.

02-03-09 12:02 AM
    I am using Qp 1.20 When Qp asks me to change my options (interactions)I select allow but it does not stay on allow it defaults back to deny. Input simulation is on deny and does not have any option to change it to allow.

This is why I tried making the changes under the option muenu method but still no luck.
    Try installing the 1.1.11 beta version of QuickPull to see if you can set the Input Simulation to Allow. Then if it works, install 1.20 and you should be notified that it has to make changes but when you get to the screen for the changes, it should already be set to allow, you can just close the window to save the changes.

02-03-09 12:06 AM
    Is anyone having an issue with the scheduling feature? I input a time for it to reboot before and then when i double check the time, the time that it's set for is the current time. Really strange.
    02-03-09 12:09 AM
    Thanks ArmaK!
    02-03-09 07:00 AM
    Soft reset seems to be a better program than quickpull. I started using that program last week and the buttons are bigger and easier to select.
    02-03-09 07:26 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD