I know there's tons of threads about weather apps, and I did do a search, but I can't seem to find the answers. I downloaded weatherbug direct and although the app itself seems to work pretty well, I was a bit disappointed by the icon. It's a bug with just the temperature on it. Is there a way to have the icon show clouds/sun/rain etc? Or do I need to get another weather app for that? If so, what weather app would have this and is best in your opinion? Thanks!
    12-24-08 01:43 PM
    There is no way to change the icon for Weatherbug. However, it should have installed 2 icons. One that is a bug with the current temp, and another that changes with high/low info for today and tomorrow and pictures of the weather.
    12-24-08 01:45 PM
    How do u check hourly forest

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-08 01:49 PM
    did you mean "forecast"? If you have the Weatherbug app installed, you can click on the icon and it will open your browser and take you to a page where you can check all kinds of different stats.
    12-24-08 01:50 PM
    If you open the Weather Bug app (click on it) and go to menu>preferences. Then go to the bottom and there are radio buttons you can select to check whether or not you want just current temp or hi/low. It will show the clouds, sun, snow, rain, etc. after you click back and then go to update. Once it updates and you hit the red phone button (not close app, or it won't update automatically), the icon will appear. This is provided you are running .274 which is the latest.
    12-24-08 01:54 PM
    I don't see the radio buttons...
    I downloaded "weatherbug direct"...is this incorrect?
    12-24-08 02:01 PM
    Ok, I'm feeling a bit stupid. I first heard weatherbug is pay, but then I heard is free, and now I'm seeing in the app an option for 3-day trial. So I assume this is a pay app? Is this what's causing my problem?
    12-24-08 02:13 PM
    Ok, I'm feeling a bit stupid. I first heard weatherbug is pay, but then I heard is free, and now I'm seeing in the app an option for 3-day trial. So I assume this is a pay app? Is this what's causing my problem?
    It's free. You downloaded the wrong version. So did I earlier during the original release. Delete the version that you're using and use this one -
    WeatherBug Direct For Blackberry.

From the site:

"Important Note For Users Updating: The application install has changed. The forecast icon is no longer installed by default. You may still access and install the forecast extension through the WeatherBug Portal after install. Users should uninstall application version 0.9.6.0 or earlier before installing a newer version of the application."
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 12-24-08 at 02:44 PM.
    12-24-08 02:33 PM
    I got it. The navigation to installing the extension was a bit tricky. Thanks so much all!!
    12-24-08 02:41 PM
    Same thing with me here. I believe I downloaded the right one, but no clouds or anything I just have a bug with a tempature on it that blinks when there is a update. When I open it up and go to preferences it just shows the same screen I was on previously with the same choices again.
    12-24-08 02:44 PM
    sherf1: you have to go to your BB Options, then go to WeatherBug Settings. From there:
    1) Hit BB menu
    2) Hit Weatherbug Portals.
    3) Highlight WeatherBug Direct Extensions.
    4) Hit BB Menu
    5) Hit View
    6) Highlight WeatherBug Forecast
    7) Hit BB menu
    8) Hit Details
    9) Hit BB menu
    10) Hit Install.

A lot of steps just to add an icon on your homescreen. Took me awhile to figure this out!
    Last edited by StorminTrojan; 12-24-08 at 02:55 PM.
    12-24-08 02:51 PM
    Thanks, I'm gonna try it now. Let you know if it works.
    12-24-08 02:53 PM
    Same thing with me here. I believe I downloaded the right one, but no clouds or anything I just have a bug with a tempature on it that blinks when there is a update. When I open it up and go to preferences it just shows the same screen I was on previously with the same choices again.
    Options: Click WeatherBug Settins>
    Options Again: Click Advanced Settings>
    Animate Forecast(Change to Yes), Periods(1,2, or 03),
    Scroll down to Display Hi/Low(Change to Yes)>
    Option: Close>
    Options: Click WeatherBug Portal>
    WeatherBug Extensions>View>
    WeatherBug Forecast>Details>Update Details
    After this you will have to hit close about three times you should be able to see the Forecast icon on your desktop. Hope this helps. Back to shopping
    12-24-08 02:59 PM
    sherf1: you have to go to your BB Options, then go to WeatherBug Settings. From there:
    1) Hit BB menu
    2) Hit Weatherbug Portals.
    3) Highlight WeatherBug Direct Extensions.
    4) Hit BB Menu
    5) Hit View
    6) Highlight WeatherBug Forecast
    7) Hit BB menu
    8) Hit Details
    9) Hit BB menu
    10) Hit Install.

A lot of steps just to add an icon on your homescreen. Took me awhile to figure this out!

Lol. It's all good. Anyway, we provided help
    12-24-08 03:01 PM
    Blatino: Actually you helped quite a bit. If you hadn't confirmed it was free, I probably would have given up and deleted the app! I tried again thanks to you, so, thanks! lol
    12-24-08 03:05 PM
    We're all here to help. Happy Holidays

12-24-08 03:19 PM
    Ok, did it still have the bug with tempature on it, is it suppose to change and show clouds or something like that?
    12-24-08 03:20 PM
    FINALLY!!!!! It was hiding in a folder, forgot to check it and move it to the home screen. Thanks guy's would have never figured it out by myself or at the very least would have taken me a week. LOL
    12-24-08 03:39 PM
    Lol. I'm glad we could help you

12-24-08 03:48 PM
    Bringing back the dead! Bump!

05-28-10 07:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD