i set one of my convenience keys to display the keyboard. but how do i hide it on command? everytime i have to click the blackberry button, then scroll down to 'hide keyboard'. This sucks if you use the keyboard a lot (or use opera mini a lot!)
    11-26-08 12:27 AM
    just slide the keyboard down with your finger... jesus ... read the tips and tricks sticky
    11-26-08 12:30 AM
    whenever you want to display the keyboard, simply swipe UP from the bottom of the screen (in whatever orientation). you need to swipe from the very bottom, till about halfway.

Likewise, to hide, just swipe from the top of the displayed keyboard down to the bottom of the screen with decent speed.

There ya go, save those convenience keys for something more convenient!
    11-26-08 12:31 AM
    have no clue what you guys are selecting for keyboard on your devices but when I tried out the convenience key for keyboard mine is listed as "virtual keyboard"

so when I tried it it would go up and down with the key everywhere...

however I use the swipe function which opens up my convenience keys for other things.
    11-26-08 12:34 AM
    I have not mastered the keyboard swipe yet. suxors!
    11-26-08 02:02 AM
    okay, nevermind, just mastered it.
    11-26-08 02:03 AM
    Keyboard swipe never worked for me either.
    11-26-08 02:05 AM
    it's easier to do down than up IMO. very convenient though and it's def. one of my most used pieces of the tips and tricks thread.
    11-26-08 02:37 AM
    i close my keyboard ALL THE TIME, when i dont want to! when i am typing, it picks up my finger "sliding" right above the screen to the next letter and then hides the keyboard!
    11-26-08 02:40 AM
    i close my keyboard ALL THE TIME, when i dont want to! when i am typing, it picks up my finger "sliding" right above the screen to the next letter and then hides the keyboard!
    qft... very annoying
    11-26-08 03:51 AM
    is it really that much of a hassle to just use the menu button to close it? it only takes lik eone second, nto really a hassle
    11-26-08 04:56 AM
    the same convenience key to display it will also hide it on click.......................
    11-26-08 07:43 AM
    I have not master the keyboard swip. It works at time and other times it takes a couple of swipes.
    11-26-08 10:56 AM
    just slide the keyboard down with your finger... jesus ... read the tips and tricks sticky

No offense to anyone on crackberry, but that thread is 177 posts long. Searching does me no good. The only way for those of us to find out things like this is to make a post. Sorry!
    11-26-08 11:05 AM
    I made my left side button control my keyboard
    11-26-08 11:07 AM
    No offense to anyone on crackberry, but that thread is 177 posts long. Searching does me no good. The only way for those of us to find out things like this is to make a post. Sorry!
    if you TOOK THE TIME to actually look at the post you will see ALL THE TIPS AND TRICKS ARE IN THE FIRST POST
    11-26-08 11:09 AM
    if you TOOK THE TIME to actually look at the post you will see ALL THE TIPS AND TRICKS ARE IN THE FIRST POST
    Give it up. Not worth your energy. I agree with you but this happens on every single forum where I read and contribute. Lately that's here, HowardForums and FlyerTalk. Sometimes I think it's the same people who aren't reading or effectively searching anything!
    11-26-08 11:16 AM
    My keyboard only hides when I go from u to space does that happen to anyone else?
    12-13-08 02:21 PM
    it's easier to do down than up IMO. very convenient though and it's def. one of my most used pieces of the tips and tricks thread.

It's MUCH easier swiping up, especially, when you don't intend to..
    Much like switching the view in Opera to mobile, easier to do than undo..
    12-13-08 02:27 PM
    For those having problems with the swipe to bring up keyboard and down to hide it.... I noticed that in the browser, you need to have the 5 little buttons at the bottom of your screen in order to swipe up.(www./column view/curser mode/zoom in/zoom out)

Otherwise you just move the page around
    12-27-08 02:34 PM
    Hubie,

People like to help those who help themselves. It is hard to get NEW info when the experts are having to post the same simple questions over and over and over.

Try the search function, it works.
    12-27-08 03:01 PM
    i set one of my convenience keys to display the keyboard. but how do i hide it on command? everytime i have to click the blackberry button, then scroll down to 'hide keyboard'. This sucks if you use the keyboard a lot (or use opera mini a lot!)
    Yep, that worked!! I was trying on my own to slide down from the text box. I started on the keyboard like it was suggested and it worked like a charm. Very happy. I'm really pleased with this phone. Thank you!
    04-29-10 07:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD