BlackBerry Storm 2: the official unofficial hands-on

Enjoy. Not mine but obviously can check out the link
    05-21-09 12:12 PM
    yeah this is from engadget, apparently they couldnt get past the license agreement.
    05-21-09 12:17 PM
    That confirms Verizon is getting it, I just hope Rogers will be getting it soon too... lol

love those comparison shots too!
    05-21-09 12:20 PM
    I'm just hoping that it has the right UMTS bands for Rogers.... the phone itself looks pretty sweet....
    05-21-09 12:41 PM
    This doesnt actually confirm verizon will get it. We don't know **** yet. Lets wait and see. If nothing happens before the Palm Pre launches... expect ppl to switch carriers quick.
    05-21-09 12:43 PM
    Lookin good, not sure if its completely worth the upgrade from the 9530 though... looks too similar. I can't wait to see official specs though
    05-21-09 12:44 PM
    This doesnt actually confirm verizon will get it. We don't know **** yet. Lets wait and see. If nothing happens before the Palm Pre launches... expect ppl to switch carriers quick.

Ummmmmmm no; at least not in droves
    05-21-09 12:47 PM
    I'm glad it's still supporting GSM. The sooner this thing goes up, the sooner I can afford a 9500/9530
    05-21-09 12:49 PM
    It's running 4.7 and it's broken.

I am less excited for it. Not sure about the no sure-press. Only 3.2 MP camera.

I bet it doesn't even have Wi-Fi

Seems more like a revision to get away from the problems with click screen. They fixed it so well it doesn't even work at all.....
    05-21-09 01:24 PM
    It's running 4.7 and it's broken.

I am less excited for it. Not sure about the no sure-press. Only 3.2 MP camera.

I bet it doesn't even have Wi-Fi

Seems more like a revision to get away from the problems with click screen. They fixed it so well it doesn't even work at all.....

Yes, I noticed as well that the blue band was there during startup, indicating that it is running a 4.7 os.... I would assume that it will be far more functional on 5.0 and every indication has said that this device will include WiFi....I hope that it does
    05-22-09 12:30 PM
    wonder if its worth it..
    05-22-09 04:55 PM
    It looks EXACTLY the same?? WTF?
    05-25-09 12:27 PM
    It looks EXACTLY the same?? WTF?
    Not even close. Current Storm has those hinky buttons and trench around the screen.

Storm2 looks more solid like an iPhone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 02:50 PM
    Sorry, I should have worded it "it looks exactly like how RIM SHOULD have made it look the first time".

Better?
    05-25-09 02:55 PM
    Yeah, same thing that's been up there for a while. Really wondering when this is coming out... in a situation where I could have someone return their Storm (within the 30 day policy) and give them MY Storm instead. Then, wait until Storm 2 drops on VZW and use their upgrade to get me a Storm 2.

What do you guys think? I'd be using an old Motorola Q in the meantime... waiting for the Storm 2....
    05-25-09 03:39 PM
    i wonder why would someone put up a video like this... does nothing good for the S2!

No sure press, same camera, same os, nothing mentioned about wi-fi and it doesn't work...

P.S. on top of that starting to look like an i-phone...
    05-26-09 07:50 AM
    i wonder why would someone put up a video like this... does nothing good for the S2!

No sure press, same camera, same os, nothing mentioned about wi-fi and it doesn't work...

P.S. on top of that starting to look like an i-phone...
    It is common practice for companies to create mock-up devices before they are anywhere near production or functional stage.

These devices are not normally released or leaked out, as they do not work as intentioned. It is not uncommon for "dummy" devices which are essentially just models without an OS even loaded to be created for mockups. This mockup was to the point of having and OS loaded (perhaps they wanted to be sure it boots?), but that is it. Nothing more, and nothing more was likely intended.

This does not mean that the device we will see will be the one that was leaked out. The camera may ALREADY be a 5.0 mp in that device, with the old 3.2 mp labling still... or maybe they haven't changed the camera to 5.0 mp yet... or maybe they never will. Maybe that device wasn't set up all the way for the screen taps/clicks to register with the OS yet. Judging anything by that phone is not fair...

It shouldn't be bad for the Storm 2 for that video to be out. When the device launches, it will easily overcome any deficiency shown in that leaked video, and I guarantee you the production Storm 2 will easily get past the OK button on the EULA
    05-26-09 01:27 PM
    It is common practice for companies to create mock-up devices before they are anywhere near production or functional stage.

These devices are not normally released or leaked out, as they do not work as intentioned. It is not uncommon for "dummy" devices which are essentially just models without an OS even loaded to be created for mockups. This mockup was to the point of having and OS loaded (perhaps they wanted to be sure it boots?), but that is it. Nothing more, and nothing more was likely intended.

This does not mean that the device we will see will be the one that was leaked out. The camera may ALREADY be a 5.0 mp in that device, with the old 3.2 mp labling still... or maybe they haven't changed the camera to 5.0 mp yet... or maybe they never will. Maybe that device wasn't set up all the way for the screen taps/clicks to register with the OS yet. Judging anything by that phone is not fair...

It shouldn't be bad for the Storm 2 for that video to be out. When the device launches, it will easily overcome any deficiency shown in that leaked video, and I guarantee you the production Storm 2 will easily get past the OK button on the EULA
    AGREED!... Why would they put out a phone that does the same everything as the previous version?
    05-26-09 02:34 PM
    i was at verizon over the weekend and my rep said verizon is getting of coarse the tour and storm 2 and he has already started a call list . he also told me they will both be released in june
    05-26-09 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD