I'm running my blackberry on my company's BES server. If I was to upgrade would I have to reactivate the enterprise email at work? I want to try the different leaks out there but I dont feel like having to contact the exchange server admin every time I load a new OS version. Oh also, on the same note, does my internet traffic from either bolt or mini opera go thru my the enterprise server for my work's viewing pleasure? I would like to keep things private sometimes.
    01-26-09 02:27 PM
    Doing an upgrade, you shouldn't have to reactivate on your BES. If you do a clean install, then yes.

As far as the internet,
    Setting the general settings browser to "Internet Browser" uses the ISP for web data traffic and can bypass BES proxies and get to youtube ... etc ..etc ... Setting it to "Blackberry Browser" sets it back to the BES config with proxy limitiations.
    01-26-09 02:44 PM
    also ... forgot to mention ... even though you can bypass the BB proxy limitations my changing that setting, its still possible for them to see where you're going on the web ... depending on their BES configuration so be careful.
    01-26-09 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD