Is there anywhere where I can get my hands on a briked Storm?

Reason being is that I need the Silver housing from around the phone.

I recently bought a silver housing/bezel from cnn.cn and it doesnt have the loud speaker in it, nor the keypad and it looks way to hard to swap things out.

Reason I need another housing with all the guts is this...

I peeled off the "Blackberry" front and underneath that is the wires connected to the Lock button and when I pulled it off the phone, the wire from the "Blackberry" front snapped because it was glued down to the phone.

Hope that makes sense.

Someone please help me out! Thanks.
    02-20-09 04:41 PM
    Someone, throw me a bone...lol
    02-20-09 04:54 PM
    Not much help but have you tried e bay?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 05:09 PM
    Have you tried insurance...? LOL
    02-20-09 05:10 PM
    Bricked doesn't necessarily mean useless... You can bring them back you know...
    02-20-09 05:15 PM
    Stick to a flip phone. Lol. Bring it back vz care is pretty good.

02-20-09 06:20 PM
    Well guys, I don't have insurance, at least I don't think. Plus, I bought the phone used. So am I screwed?

02-20-09 07:21 PM
    Well guys, I don't have insurance, at least I don't think. Plus, I bought the phone used. So am I screwed?

The magic 8 ball says..................Surely.

02-20-09 07:31 PM
    If I get insurance then wait a few days, could I get a mew one then or another phone?

02-20-09 07:36 PM
    Maybe I missed it, but why did you take it apart in the first place? And no, you can't get insurance now - you can only get it within 15 days of a new purchase.

02-20-09 07:45 PM
    I wanted to change the silver housing on th phone had a few scratches on it.

02-20-09 07:47 PM
    Try eBay. There was some coming from England a few weeks ago.
    02-20-09 07:48 PM
    I looked last night. Didn't see anything. Just don't want to spend a lot.

02-20-09 07:56 PM
    I wanted to change the silver housing on th phone had a few scratches on it.

Uummm, I can't help you with anything. But just wanted to say thanks for the site cnn.cn, cuz my phone fell out of the case I had for it and scratched the silver bezel. I thought I was screwed but now I know I can change out the bezel and make it look purdy again. Though it looks like it would be a PITA. Thanks again.
    02-20-09 08:02 PM
    What I'm saying is that the bezel that I bought wouldn't work. It didn't have the keypad, or the speaker at the top. It was just a bare bezel, so needless to say I was little shocked.

02-20-09 08:07 PM
    I see what your saying. So in order to replace that bezel it's gonna take some glueing and maybe saudering? and your wanting the bezel with the keypad and speaker already attached?
    02-20-09 08:19 PM
    Yea man, lol. It looks like a ***** to do too.

02-20-09 08:29 PM
    If I get insurance then wait a few days, could I get a mew one then or another phone?

Take it from an insurance agent....that's a bad idea.

Insurance fraud can put you in prison for up to a year and a 10,000$ fine.

02-20-09 08:35 PM
    Haha, yea. Just kidding anyway. I'm just hoping someone can shed some light on this subject. Or at least help me out.

02-20-09 08:40 PM
    Well I wish you luck. I for one am going to wait and hope something goes wrong with my phone and that Blackberry will replace it under warranty. Dust under the glass would be cool. *fingers crossed*

If not I will try to replace the bezel myself in a couple months.
    02-20-09 08:59 PM
    Well good luck with that man.

02-21-09 07:39 AM
    Get the BB rubber skin, its great and it protects the metal part!
    02-21-09 09:37 AM
    Otterbox.....this little device has its qwerks but your phone is 100% safe !

02-21-09 09:58 AM
    I feel your pain. I bought the black bezel from cnn.cn and a torx driver. it came in tuesday and I took it with me to work so I could work on my phone whenever I had the time. Took the phone apart. Noticed that it was just a bare bezel. The speaker from the old bezel was easy enough to move over, it just kinda pops out of the old bezel and into the new one (at least I think that was the bezel). But when I went to take the Blackberry-labeled cover off, I noticed the double-sided tape holding other stuff in place. after looking it over for a few minutes I decided it would be best to just put it back together. Then. . . the lock and silence button stopped working! Needless to say, I called insurance and got them to send me a new phone, which is working just fine lol. Just a warning to anyone who wants to switch out bezels. I'm sure there are people out there with the technical savvy to do it, it just didn't work out so well for me.
    02-21-09 10:02 AM
    I feel your pain. I bought the black bezel from cnn.cn and a torx driver. it came in tuesday and I took it with me to work so I could work on my phone whenever I had the time. Took the phone apart. Noticed that it was just a bare bezel. The speaker from the old bezel was easy enough to move over, it just kinda pops out of the old bezel and into the new one (at least I think that was the bezel). But when I went to take the Blackberry-labeled cover off, I noticed the double-sided tape holding other stuff in place. after looking it over for a few minutes I decided it would be best to just put it back together. Then. . . the lock and silence button stopped working! Needless to say, I called insurance and got them to send me a new phone, which is working just fine lol. Just a warning to anyone who wants to switch out bezels. I'm sure there are people out there with the technical savvy to do it, it just didn't work out so well for me.
    See, that's the same problem I have. Although when I went back to Verizon last year, I got the Samsung Alias, but dont think I got the insurance. If I did, would it carry over to the Storm that I have now? Just curious.

I think I'd like to get it fixed and maybe sell the Storm. Think I'd rather go back to my Alias, or get a Curve again.
    02-21-09 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD