i was just wondering, i noticed that some users have cb master or genius or abuser or newbie. and i wanted to know how do we get these ratings or whatever they are because i'm a newbie lol.
    05-17-09 09:24 PM
    there is a thread, gimmie two seconds and i'll copy/paste post requirements for ya
    05-17-09 09:25 PM
    Goes based on post count. You are a newbie now, but you'll change to a user at 10 posts. Abuser at 100, addict at 500, etc.
    05-17-09 09:25 PM
    Here’s how the Forum Titles play out for CrackBerry.com:

CrackBerry Newbie: 0 posts
    CrackBerry User: 10 posts
    CrackBerry Abuser: 100 posts
    CrackBerry Addict: 500 posts
    CrackBerry Master: 1000 posts
    CrackBerry Genius: 1500 posts
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses: 5000 posts

In terms of restrictions, URLs are not allowed until you have made your first ten posts. Once you have graduated from Newbie to User, you have full permissions.

Keep in mind that posts made in the CrackBerry Cafe - Social Forums! Do not contribute to post count.

It's not easy coming up with Forum Titles that please everyone. So if and when you hit 5,000 posts and make the "Genius of Geniuses" status you can send a note to Kevin (kevin @ crackberry.com) and request your own personalized user title if you'd prefer something different. Consider it a reward for not just being a BlackBerry Addict, but also a CrackBerry.com Addict!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f39/forum-titles-112/
    05-17-09 09:26 PM
    05-17-09 09:27 PM
    i win again!!!
    05-17-09 09:30 PM
    Here�s how the Forum Titles play out for CrackBerry.com:

In terms of restrictions, URLs are not allowed until you have made your first ten posts. Once you have graduated from Newbie to User, you have full permissions.

Keep in mind that posts made in the CrackBerry Cafe - Social Forums! Do not contribute to post count.

It's not easy coming up with Forum Titles that please everyone. So if and when you hit 5,000 posts and make the "Genius of Geniuses" status you can send a note to Kevin (kevin @ crackberry.com) and request your own personalized user title if you'd prefer something different. Consider it a reward for not just being a BlackBerry Addict, but also a CrackBerry.com Addict!

oh i see now. well it looks like i got a long way to go then huh?
    05-17-09 09:32 PM
    oh i see now. well it looks like i got a long way to go then huh?
    just do what i do and spend a few months in the rants/raves flaming trolls until you're not a n00b anymore, then flame them too.

also, if you have nothing productive to contribute, a picture is worth a thousand words. make 'em funny and totally unrelated. or stuff like "i remember when i had my first beer" always goes over well ")
    05-17-09 09:35 PM
    just do what i do and spend a few months in the rants/raves flaming trolls until you're not a n00b anymore, then flame them too.

also, if you have nothing productive to contribute, a picture is worth a thousand words. make 'em funny and totally unrelated. or stuff like "i remember when i had my first beer" always goes over well ")
    Keeping in mind posts don't count in the rants/raves anymore.

I suppose this means the entertainment value may decline slightly.

To the OP, I wouldn't put too much stock in what someone's "title" is here, or their post count to know if they know their stuff. There are a few here I have seen that have been here a month and have 800 posts, yet none are worth much.

You will figure out pretty quickly who knows what they are talking about, and who doesn't. Patches does preety well, but he has the advantage of being a ninja, and apparently they know everything.
    05-17-09 09:40 PM

"flaming trolls" i guess i really am a newbie because i don't know the lingo lol
    05-17-09 09:40 PM
    "flaming trolls" i guess i really am a newbie because i don't know the lingo lol

flame = goin in and talking trash or "baggin' on fools"
    troll = person coming into a forum to start trouble. usually cite their opinion as fact, and resort to personal attacks when cornered with logical concepts.

urban dictionary, bro! c'mon!!!
    05-17-09 09:43 PM
    flame = goin in and talking trash or "baggin' on fools"
    troll = person coming into a forum to start trouble. usually cite their opinion as fact, and resort to personal attacks when cornered with logical concepts.

urban dictionary, bro! c'mon!!!
    that's the first time i've heard of flaming trolls. i'm not really big into forums and stuff. crackberry is actually the first site i've ever posted in because as you know i needed help.
    05-17-09 09:49 PM
    check my PM i sent you babymac
    05-17-09 09:50 PM
    Thanks I was wondering I live on the site with my blackberry storm

Here�s how the Forum Titles play out for CrackBerry.com:

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by halej123; 05-17-09 at 09:59 PM.
    05-17-09 09:56 PM
    Question asked and answered.
    05-17-09 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD