i downloaded the quick pull app ota at the crack berry site. after i installed it i set all permissions to allow. the first time i tried to use it it will not allow it to work then i get a message that says " uncaught exception; java.lang.illegalargumentexception " just like that then it says see device log for more info. any one else had this problem before?
    01-13-09 04:11 PM
    i downloaded the quick pull app ota at the crack berry site. after i installed it i set all permissions to allow. the first time i tried to use it it will not allow it to work then i get a message that says " uncaught exception; java.lang.illegalargumentexception " just like that then it says see device log for more info. any one else had this problem before?
    Are you using the latest version 1.1.2 that is compatible with the storm?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 07:02 PM
    I have this issue as well and I am on version 1.1.2
    01-13-09 07:06 PM
    I have this issue as well and I am on version 1.1.2
    What permissions do you set to allow, deny and prompt?

01-13-09 07:12 PM
    I set all to allow by going to the following:

Options>Advanced Options>Applications>BB Menu>Edit Permissions

For me it seems to only happen when it has been a long time (>8-12 hours) since my last battery pull. I currently have the following third party apps installed:

Aerize Alerts
    Garmin Mobile
    New York Times mobile (Web Launcher)
    Quickpull
    Slacker Mobile
    Talklock
    Viigo
    Weatherbug
    Wall Street Journal Mobile Reader
    Youtube

Also, each time it has happened for me I am unable to shut down my phone by holding down the power key. It says that it will shut down unless you press any key but it never actually turns off.
    01-13-09 07:25 PM
    I don't think setting them all to allow would matter but I had this problem when I first installed it about 6 weeks ago and the only thing that I had to change was to allow the app to access my email. From that point forward, I haven't seen the problem and I usually go about 3-4 days before I have to do a battery pull.

It seems like there is a conflict in one or more of the apps you have installed. Out of the ones that you said you have installed, I have:

Aerize Alerts
    Quickpull
    Slacker Mobile
    Weatherbug

01-13-09 07:42 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I had version 1.0 and started gettting that error message, then downloaded 1.1.2 and am getting the same issue that the OP wrote about. I've set all permissions to Allow. I don't have any other third party applications besides QuickPull. I did just get my corporate email set up on my storm, but have done a successful quickpull since that time. Any help is appreciated!
    01-13-09 11:05 PM
    TURN OFF Compatibility Mode!!!!
    01-13-09 11:32 PM
    Compatibility Mode is turned off for QuickPull on my phone
    01-14-09 08:12 AM
    Same Java exception for me using either Quick Pull or Soft Reset. I'm on the .86 OS.
    01-14-09 11:27 AM
    Try this trick it has worked on other platforms and has worked for both Soft Reset and Quick pull on my 8120

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/sof...-4-5-a-133127/
    01-14-09 11:42 AM
    Thanks for the link. However, as I posted in that thread, setting all permissions to Allow did not fix the problem for me.
    01-14-09 12:18 PM
    and for people like me who dont know where or how to get to compatibility mode? i deleted it from my phone cause im getting frustrated with trying to figure it out.
    01-15-09 02:32 PM
    well i read a different post and figured out how to get to the compatibility mode but i dont have that option. the apps were in my downloads folder and i high lighted the icons and hit the bb key and i did not have a compatibily mode option. the next thing i did was move them to the apps folder and tried it there with the same results.
    01-15-09 02:45 PM
    well i down loaded soft reset app to see if it was the app but im starting to think its my phone cause when i went to use soft reset the same " uncaught exception; java.lang.illegalargumentexception " popped up again. is there some thing i can do to like make this stop cause it seems like none of my apps are working. there trials but still if i bought them i would be pissed if they didnt work.
    01-15-09 03:34 PM
    It appears that QuickPull (and SoftReset for that matter) works great on some phones and does not work at all on others. Speaking for those of us for whom it does not work, we have tried all the Permission fixes, the compatibility fixes, the battery pull fixes offered in all the Posts - it just does not work, I have no idea why not but assume it has something to do with the myriad versions of the operating system floating around. I have the Official .75 - with garmin, google maps, and some launchers to MSNBC and BOA going - and nothing else. If anyone has that configuration and QuickPull works for you, i would love to figure out what is different. But at this point I have given up sadly.

Fortunately, my phone is working well enough that I have not had the need to do a battery pull in several days at least. Hope this lasts until a more consistently functioning app comes along
    01-15-09 03:34 PM
    and for people like me who dont know where or how to get to compatibility mode? i deleted it from my phone cause im getting frustrated with trying to figure it out.
    To disable compatibility mode:

Options> Advanced Options> Applications> QuickPull (highlight not click)> Press BB Key> Disable Compatibility Mode

01-15-09 03:55 PM
    now should i disable compat mode for all my apps or just specific ones? please teach how to under stand this.
    01-16-09 10:25 AM
    now should i disable compat mode for all my apps or just specific ones? please teach how to under stand this.
    Don't disable compatibility mode for every app. The compatibility mode is used for apps that aren't built for the storm but run on other blackberries that you want to run on the storm. When running compatibility mode you will see the onscreen keyboard when running the app. If the keyboard is in the way like it is for QuickPull, you want to disable compatibility mode to be able to access the buttons on the screen. The process is pretty much a trial base test to see what happens when the app is running with and without compatibility mode. if the app runs fine without compatibility mode, you can keep it disabled.

01-16-09 04:46 PM
    I had the exact same problem with QuickPull even though I set all permissions under QuickPull to "Allow," but this solution finally worked for me:

Advanced Options > Applications > Highlight (do NOT click) Email Setup Applications > press BB key > Edit Default Permissions > Set to "Allow" for all > Save.

The trick for me was to edit the permissions under "Email Setup Applications," in addition to those under "QuickPull." Now it works great. Hope this helps
    01-17-09 09:20 PM
    Anybody able to get the scheduled quick pulls to work correctly?
    Mine won't work reliably and I would love to have the feature since doing it every day is a chore.

01-18-09 08:29 PM
    I had the exact same problem with QuickPull even though I set all permissions under QuickPull to "Allow," but this solution finally worked for me:

Advanced Options > Applications > Highlight (do NOT click) Email Setup Applications > press BB key > Edit Default Permissions > Set to "Allow" for all > Save.

The trick for me was to edit the permissions under "Email Setup Applications," in addition to those under "QuickPull." Now it works great. Hope this helps
    Thank you so much! This finally worked for me after hours of trying everything! THANK YOU!!!
    01-19-09 11:37 PM

Thanks! This did the trick. Great fix to QuickPull on the storm.
    01-20-09 01:45 PM
    ^ Thank you so much. I reset my Icon arrangement and it reset eveything as far as all my application settings.That is the only thing I did that would have caused quick pull to stop working correctly.
    01-28-09 10:47 AM
    Anybody able to get the scheduled quick pulls to work correctly?
    Mine won't work reliably and I would love to have the feature since doing it every day is a chore.

Not yet. It works occasionally.......pretty finicky though......
    I can tell when it resets because my Weatherbug icon is up with no temp/forecast.
    01-29-09 10:01 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD