Hello im new to the storm and blackberrys all together but I have a quick question. I have a yahoo mail account and I can see on my computer that I have an email but it takes forever for my storm to realize it. Is there anyway I can speed the process up and hit like a sync button. Thanks in advance.

Kratisto
    04-13-09 03:11 PM
    Hello im new to the storm and blackberrys all together but I have a quick question. I have a yahoo mail account and I can see on my computer that I have an email but it takes forever for my storm to realize it. Is there anyway I can speed the process up and hit like a sync button. Thanks in advance.

Kratisto
    No you can't speed it up, but I believe there is a problem with RIM data service today so you might be affected. I don't use Yahoo but normally my aol and verizon emails push really quick, so don't go by whats happening right now.
    04-13-09 03:14 PM
    I have Yahoo mail and it's almost instant.
    04-13-09 03:21 PM
    Thanks for the fast responses I just have 3 in my inbox but none of them have made it to my phone yet.
    04-13-09 03:33 PM
    No you can't speed it up, but I believe there is a problem with RIM data service today so you might be affected. I don't use Yahoo but normally my aol and verizon emails push really quick, so don't go by whats happening right now.
    I Disagree... while today is an exception as the servers are down...you can NORAMLLY speed it up by telling your storm to sync with the server.

While the mailbox is opened I hit "Blackberry Button" > "Reconcile Now" ... I may be wrong but I believe it is meant to reconcile your blackberry mailbox with the mail server
    04-13-09 03:36 PM
    email is down from RIM. Look around the forum there are a few threads on it
    04-13-09 03:36 PM
    Haha thanks sorry for my stupidity what a great first topic!
    04-13-09 03:38 PM
    I Disagree... while today is an exception as the servers are down...you can NORAMLLY speed it up by telling your storm to sync with the server.

While the mailbox is opened I hit "Blackberry Button" > "Reconcile Now" ... I may be wrong but I believe it is meant to reconcile your blackberry mailbox with the mail server
    Nope, I believe reconcile now is to fix any conflicts between the handset and the mailbox I don't know about speeding things up, but I am not 100 percent sure on that. But to the OP's point problems are due to RIM data outage as you can see all over the forum
    04-13-09 04:11 PM
    Nope, I believe reconcile now is to fix any conflicts between the handset and the mailbox I don't know about speeding things up, but I am not 100 percent sure on that. But to the OP's point problems are due to RIM data outage as you can see all over the forum
    Reconciling would therefore download emails that haven't been downloaded. Email isn't instant. Some kind of polling has to be done, if you catch yourself in the middle I am sure reconciling would improve the performance.
    04-13-09 04:17 PM
    Right now is a tough time to be troubleshooting email problems because of a server issue. Sit tight and see if it speeds up later when the problems are fixed. You could also try the mobile yahoo app and see if that is something you prefer. But that probably won't work until the problems fixed either.
    04-13-09 04:18 PM
    Reconciling would therefore download emails that haven't been downloaded. Email isn't instant. Some kind of polling has to be done, if you catch yourself in the middle I am sure reconciling would improve the performance.
    OK, I will have to defer to you on this one. I thought that reconciling would be more like if you deleted an email off your phone and mailbox but for some reason it didn't work. Reconciling would try to resync the two. Truthfully I have never had a problem with the emails not coming through right away. In fact sometimes they show up on my phone before my computer!
    04-13-09 04:23 PM
    Hmm...reconcile doesn't seem to be what I thought it was...maybe this is why I'm having problems?

I thought reconcile was a way to sync the email acct with my bb so it would mark the ones I read on my computer as read on my bb...it currently does not and the only way I can mark them on my bb is to open each message (or mark each message as read). Is there a global way to mark all as read? Or a way to make it match my computer? BTW, my computer does seem to be in sync with my bb since when I read it on there, it is marked read on my computer.
    04-14-09 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD