I usually don't turn my storm off. At night. it stays charging, and it's on all day, but it isn't used too extensively I think. Does this hurt the battery's charge? Should I turn it off while charging, or just turn it off and leave it?
    02-11-09 12:05 AM
    In my opinion it shouldn't matter. If your having probs with batt life turn your gps services to e911 and turn the brightness and dim time down just a bit

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 12:13 AM
    I usually don't turn my storm off. At night. it stays charging, and it's on all day, but it isn't used too extensively I think. Does this hurt the battery's charge? Should I turn it off while charging, or just turn it off and leave it?
    It shouldn't affect the charge or the battery at all. I've been using blackberries for a long time and I have always charged them every night. I usually drain the entire battery each day to at least 45% so I rarely leave it uncharged. I leave it on all night too while I charge it and I don't ever remember having a problem.

A tech buddy once told me that the batteries used in Blackberries are meant to be charged frequently and actually perform better with frequent charges. Whether this is true or not I don't know.
    02-11-09 01:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD