Assuming the new update fixs issues I will be a happy camper. My question is this.
    I love a touchscreen, I really do. Hence the reason I got the storm. I don't really do much business, its really a fun phone for me. What is the fun factor on some of the qwerty keyboard BlackBerry's. Because really the lag and mistakes on the storm is sometimes too much to bare. So in closing we'll see what the update does. But I find myself wondering whether I want something different.. Advice?
    05-31-09 01:19 AM
    Just make a decision table. Would added reliability be worth sacrificing all the fun factors that the Storm has? If you love the touchscreen and the fun features of the Storm like you said, I would say stick with it. It's only going to get better.
    05-31-09 01:23 AM
    I've had the Storm, 8900 and Bold. I realized the Bold was the one for me... all the lag up issues and wacky touch typing made me realize that the Storm wasn't for me. No wifi was made it worse. The 8900 was just too small and no 3g was a killer when I had no wifi, which is pretty much everywhere except my home.

The fun factor for me is reliability. It may sounds clich�, but this make the device more of a joy to play with.
    05-31-09 01:31 AM
    I've had the Storm, 8900 and Bold. I realized the Bold was the one for me... all the lag up issues and wacky touch typing made me realize that the Storm wasn't for me. No wifi was made it worse. The 8900 was just too small and no 3g was a killer when I had no wifi, which is pretty much everywhere except my home.

The fun factor for me is reliability. It may sounds clich�, but this make the device more of a joy to play with.
    Thanks! Your rock your always helping me out.
    05-31-09 01:34 AM
    I own the bold, storm, and 8900 and the bold has been my favorite by far. Being on tmo the bold an 8900s wifi has been really useful but I found that when not in a wifi spot the phones bowsers speed was still good. Everyone talks about 3g as if it stability is great and they have no issues at all. I got the storm because I wanted to see and experience all of the things I had read about it. Ya it is not that stable even after all the os upgrades but the phone has a certain draw to it be it the first touch screen bb or whatever it is. Has bitten me.

I think that what ever bb you end up with ROI must spend time with and get to know the phone before you make a judgment on it. If you go bold you will not be disappointed, but the storm to me is just as good just a little beat up IMO.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 08:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD