i have a storm and i have been in this site for alittle while and i am seeing .109,.75 things like that what are you guys talking about and what am i running and if not the best what can i up grade to make it up to date thanks sorry for the dumb question
    03-07-09 04:14 PM
    i have a storm and i have been in this site for alittle while and i am seeing .109,.75 things like that what are you guys talking about and what am i running and if not the best what can i up grade to make it up to date thanks sorry for the dumb question
    I am not trying to be mean, but if you have to ask that question, you probably don't need to upgrade to a leaked OS. Do a LOT of reading in this forum, especially the "sticky's" and then decide.
    03-07-09 04:20 PM
    The numbers you are reading are the current versions of the software that is on the BlackBerry Storm. The ship with 4.7.0.75 from Verizon and this is the only official software. if you have a problem with the device it is not guaranteed that Verizon will assist you with any other software installed.

There are numerous threads in the BB101 section on how to upgrade. The most recent leaked version if 4.7.0.109. If you are unhappy with the performance than you should consider upgrading to a leaked version. It is possible to downgrade back to 4.7.0.75. If you aren't unhappy, then it has been mentioned that there are known betas in testing, unavialbale to the genearl public, up in the 4.7.0.14x range maybe higher by now so it may pay to wait for an official release or a higher leak.

The decision to upgrade to a leak or not is purely up to you. If you continue to read responses in this forum you will see the different leaks and pros and cons to them all.

After all is said and done, I hope you find what you're looking for and are happier with the device as a result.

Happy searching, and any other questions feel free to ask.
    03-07-09 04:25 PM
    .75 is the probability you will brick your phone if you try to upgrade

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 04:25 PM
    .75 is the probability you will brick your phone if you try to upgrade
    lol i would have bricked mine 3 times by now
    03-07-09 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD