Hi My name is Kate and I just got my storm on Saturday so fair warning expect a lot of questions from me.

I've already pimped it out with a charging cradle, a very pretty green and black case with stars on it and a plantronics discovery 925 head set.

But of course I have a few odd questions.

1. What is bedside mode?
    2. Should I invest in a longer lasting battery?
    3. Any good apps you can recommend?
    4. If I was to buy an app from this site would I pay with a credit card or would I get charged on my phone bill?
    5. I tried to email myself a few ringtones but I never got them should I try again?

Sorry I know that's a lot but I'm brand new to the blackberry world, this being my first one ever. So please let me know what you guys think.

Thanks
    05-15-09 12:02 AM
    Ok let me start by saying welcome to bb and CB world. Make sure you check out stickied threads, the guide on updating os, tips/tricks, and for apps, the apps subforum. Apps when purchased can either be charged to credit card or paypal. As far as battery depends on your use. Sometimes I charge mine mid day cause I use it heavily and sometimes the battery lasts a day and a half. So just see how tours does. Its an awesme phone. Good luck.

Hi My name is Kate and I just got my storm on Saturday so fair warning expect a lot of questions from me.

I've already pimped it out with a charging cradle, a very pretty green and black case with stars on it and a plantronics discovery 925 head set.

1. What is bedside mode?
    4. If I was to buy an app from this site would I pay with a credit card or would I get charged on my phone bill?
    5. I tried to email myself a few ringtones but I never got them should I try again?

Sorry I know that's a lot but I'm brand new to the blackberry world, this being my first one ever. So please let me know what you guys think.

Thanks
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 12:08 AM

1. What is bedside mode?

Thanks
    First of all welcome to crackberry Kate! Now for the questions...
    1. Bedside mode shows the large clock all the time so if you get up in the middle of the night, you can always check the time simply by looking at your phone. It also allows you to turn off LED notifications, backlight timers, etc.

2. I wouldn't, the important thing to remember is when your not using an app to properly close it go to menu>close. This will help save on battery life.

3. Here are some links to help you with that...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...pular+download
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/wha...pular+download
    http://m.crackberry.com/otaapps.html

4. This one I'm not sure because I've never done it but I'm sure but probably either one.

5. Yes you should try it again. Remember you can also use your blackberry as a removable disc drive by plugging it into your pc and enabling mass storage mode. Then you can simply drag and drop files to and from the device.
    Last edited by mwdb4au; 05-15-09 at 12:15 AM.
    05-15-09 12:12 AM
    Bedside mode let's you customize the phones functions while its next to you
    At night. I suggest playing with the different set ups.

I doubt you need a different battery only time will tell ...to save batt. Change
    Gps to E911 and location aiding on

Pay by credit card ...same with app world

I love poynt its my favorite....pandora in #2 for me both free.

05-15-09 12:13 AM
    or just PM me since i know everything. allegedly
    05-15-09 12:13 AM
    Wow kate really got lucky with this crew tonight no smart a$$ answers

05-15-09 12:16 AM
    Here is a link that might help: http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/58-...g-post-207310/

I will post more. Storm doesn't allow tabs.

The good answers are the benefit of being a female

05-15-09 12:18 AM
    Thanks everyone! I just thought of another q What is a PIN? other than what I know it as being the number I use to get my cash lol
    05-15-09 12:18 AM
    Ok here is another one: http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/de...memory-103830/

Good luck.

05-15-09 12:20 AM
    Ok here is another one: http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/de...memory-103830/

Good luck.

Oh and remember with bbs a battery pull is a cure for all problems

05-15-09 12:20 AM
    Here is a link that might help: http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/58-...g-post-207310/

I will post more. Storm doesn't allow tabs.

The good answers are the benefit of being a female

BS! i've flamed girls before...besides...i dont play favoritism. i hate everyone equally!
    05-15-09 12:21 AM
    Thanks everyone! I just thought of another q What is a PIN? other than what I know it as being the number I use to get my cash lol
    Haha your blackberry PIN is your devices personal identification number. It is necessary to use in apps like blackberry messenger and pin messaging. You can find your by either going to options>status or typing the word mypin and hit spacebar in a text message...
    05-15-09 12:22 AM
    A PIN is device specific. You can find yours in options>status. Its 8 digits. Also I would suggest downloading quicklaunch and meterberry.

its like your phone's exclusive I.D. number, used for registering with the network, and you can use it sort of like an email address. it's hard wired into the device. when people ask for your PIN its for the blackberry I.M. application, for messaging between blackberries...
    teamwork = triple post?
    05-15-09 12:23 AM
    Ha ha but you can't beat civic or me!

BS! i've flamed girls before...besides...i dont play favoritism. i hate everyone equally!
    05-15-09 12:24 AM
    Quick pull v2. .....do new storms or bb in general come with app world installed...if not
    You need app world.

05-15-09 12:26 AM
    i'd KTFO both you and civic...

wait, you're a girl TOO??? wtf, i'm not helping you anymore.

explains why you're so OCD over the software though

lmao, jk @ everything...
    05-15-09 12:28 AM
    Eeeewwwwwww girls have coodies

05-15-09 12:34 AM
    i'd KTFO both you and civic...

wait, you're a girl TOO??? wtf, i'm not helping you anymore.

explains why you're so OCD over the software though

lmao, jk @ everything...

and dust under screen

Hey I still joke
    05-15-09 12:35 AM
    ^^^

user error
    05-15-09 01:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD