Couple of things...

1. When using the desktop manager, I have a problem when I try to install the Blackberry Media Sync. It is a basic AppCrash. Also the Media Manager does not seem to work either. the button to "Start" transferring them is faded out.

B. What video file types are compatible with the storm? I have tried converting different videos and syncing them with windows media player, but all show up as an error.

Third. Does anyone have, or can post a link to an app or software update that has a screen lock for calls. I hit the mute button with my ear all the time. also, will this app or update still allow me to use the numberpad?

Finally. How do you manage your documents and other files. I have a lot of power points and word documents. Or is this done through media sync or media manager?

Thanks.

"how did I live without this thing???"
    03-19-09 01:08 PM
    I love how the numbering for each question doesn't match. But for yur last q go to stormota.com and locate and download screen lock. Free and the best and simplest in my opinion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 01:18 PM
    haha. inside joke. I'm glad someone caught that

thanks for the app too!!!
    03-19-09 01:24 PM
    Couple of things...

1. When using the desktop manager, I have a problem when I try to install the Blackberry Media Sync. It is a basic AppCrash. Also the Media Manager does not seem to work either. the button to "Start" transferring them is faded out.
    Try removing and reinstall the version of DM with Media Manager (https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E8D14EE93E890D). You can also run media manager without opening DM (C:/Program Files/Roxio/Media Manager 9/MediaManager9.exe).

B. What video file types are compatible with the storm? I have tried converting different videos and syncing them with windows media player, but all show up as an error.
    The storm can read a good number of different video formats and the following link will help convert your files.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/bl...n-howto-99653/

Third. Does anyone have, or can post a link to an app or software update that has a screen lock for calls. I hit the mute button with my ear all the time. also, will this app or update still allow me to use the numberpad?
    There are a couple of apps that will do what you want. Two of these apps are Screen Lock and TalkLock.

Finally. How do you manage your documents and other files. I have a lot of power points and word documents. Or is this done through media sync or media manager?

Thanks.

"how did I live without this thing???"
    I find that the quickest way to manage my different files is to use mass storage mode. This way I can drag and drop the various files between my computer and the storm quickly. Also from the storm you can manage files by using the Explore option in the media app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ArmaK; 03-19-09 at 10:05 PM.
    03-19-09 10:03 PM
    haha. inside joke. I'm glad someone caught that

thanks for the app too!!!
    lolz it was funny onc ei realized it was on purpose. and no problem.
    03-20-09 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD