Another good thing about the Storm (or Rims for that matter) predictive text is that it learns your typing habits. So certain terms or words that you like to use (that are actual words) will be remembered and it will assume that is the word you are typing.

But if you want a physical qwerty keyboard, then you better wait for the Tour or get the curve.
    I wanted the BB Bold but Verizon only has the curve 8330 series and it looked kinda....old. And Im not a fan of the tracking ball. How rude of AT&T to claim the BOLD when they have the iPhone....thats just wrong lol
    05-29-09 03:20 PM
    Another good thing about the Storm (or Rims for that matter) predictive text is that it learns your typing habits. So certain terms or words that you like to use (that are actual words) will be remembered and it will assume that is the word you are typing.

But if you want a physical qwerty keyboard, then you better wait for the Tour or get the curve.
    That and the learning takes a few days as it takes some time for the word patterns to be compiled.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 03:21 PM
    I wanted the BB Bold but Verizon only has the curve 8330 series and it looked kinda....old. And Im not a fan of the tracking ball. How rude of AT&T to claim the BOLD when they have the iPhone....thats just wrong lol
    Wait a few weeks. The Tour is coming to Verizon and it's much better/nicer then the 8330 Curve. Go to the 9630 forum and start reading in anticipation of getting one.

05-29-09 03:24 PM
    I got the bb storm yesterday, had it for 2 hrs then returned it. It wasnt a bad phone. Actually, it was freakin awesome...but txting is what killed it for me. Im a fast txter. my current phone is an LG EnV and I can just GO on that. My question is, as a fast txter, did I do the right thing by returning the phone? the autotxt was killing me. Did any other fast txters get the hang of txting on the BB storm? i might go back in get it in a week...not today so I wont look crazy LOL!
    I am a fast texter and got used to the storm, but a full touchscreen can never match having buttons imo...and like civic said check out the BB tour.
    05-29-09 03:27 PM
    Wait a few weeks. The Tour is coming to Verizon and it's much better/nicer then the 8330 Curve. Go to the 9630 forum and start reading in anticipation of getting one.

Yeah I thought when people kept saying bb tour, they mean like a tour of the phone @ the blackberry site....:cough: LOL! But I've been looking it up for the last 5 mins and I think I'll be saving that $209 for July. I bit off a lil more than I could chew not being a BB user at all and then just jumping to the newest touch screen ver. of one lol so im hoping I like the tour and it gets me use to BB and then I can graduate up to the storm 2...or 3 if they do/sell well.
    05-29-09 03:28 PM
    I am a fast texter and got used to the storm, but a full touchscreen can never match having buttons imo...and like civic said check out the BB tour.
    same for me. I was just begging to have something REAL to push lol! but this TOUR is looking good and i love the keyboard layout some im already 80% on getting it the women @ verizon laughed @ me when i returned my storm in 2 hrs LOL! BUT they also expected it, and one of them that had one said she was having the same prob. So yeah, touch screen is not my friend.
    05-29-09 03:31 PM
    Well that is the nature of the cellphone world. The Tour is likely coming in July/August. CK already mentioned that Telus is getting the Tour by July 22, and Bell, Verizon will fallow soon after. So just wait, until you want try Storm 2. lol

As for me I had the curve and is still have her as my backup. I always been a klutz with a physical qwerty keyboard. So when the storm was released I went for it as soon as a stable os came out (ver 75/76)

So know I am waiting for VZW to release 148 so that I can change my os.
    05-29-09 03:32 PM
    Well that is the nature of the cellphone world. The Tour is likely coming in July/August. CK already mentioned that Telus is getting the Tour by July 22, and Bell, Verizon will fallow soon after. So just wait, until you want try Storm 2. lol

As for me I had the curve and is still have her as my backup. I always been a klutz with a physical qwerty keyboard. So when the storm was released I went for it as soon as a stable os came out (ver 75/76)

So know I am waiting for VZW to release 148 so that I can change my os.
    There is no difference between the .148 that has been out and running vwery well and what VZW will be releasing.

If you want an even better OS go with Lyricidal's .148/5.0 Hybrid with Shrink-A-OS which is the BEST, and keeps getting better.
    05-29-09 03:36 PM
    i gotta say this:

when i worked for VZW, they had a txt competition, and i got like 2nd or 3rd, but i have the best average time over the 4 or 5 days it ran, only reason i lost is because someone got a faster time once.

anyway, i competed with an enV...shortly after that, i got a pearl, then the curve and now the storm. i've been faster than the previous with every model since the enV...so i'm faster on the pearl than i was with the enV, faster with the curve than i was with the pearl, and faster with the storm than i was with the curve...

moral of the story is that it'll take awhile to get used to it.
    05-29-09 03:43 PM
    There is no difference between the .148 that has been out and running vwery well and what VZW will be releasing.

If you want an even better OS go with Lyricidal's .148/5.0 Hybrid with Shrink-A-OS which is the BEST, and keeps getting better.
    I know, I am just being lazy. I just want to delete the vendor xml file not worry about any thing else.

But if official 148 is not my to liking I will go to Lyricidal's .148 hybrid.
    Last edited by Ronindan; 05-29-09 at 03:48 PM.
    05-29-09 03:45 PM
    I can only speak for myself... but Im running OS .148 on my BB Storm and its great. No lag and I can text extremely fast. I tried to text on my LG Dare and I BB Curve as fast with no luck... You just gotta get used to the Storm, its a great device.
    05-29-09 03:57 PM
    I can honestly say I was in the same boat you were when I got my storm.. After coming from the Voyager (no one can disagree when I say this, but that has THE best keyboard PERIOD) it was tough, but I DID get just as fast on the storm after the new OS and typing preferences changed

Go get that thing back!

05-29-09 08:08 PM
    I got the bb storm yesterday, had it for 2 hrs then returned it. It wasnt a bad phone. Actually, it was freakin awesome...but txting is what killed it for me. Im a fast txter. my current phone is an LG EnV and I can just GO on that. My question is, as a fast txter, did I do the right thing by returning the phone? the autotxt was killing me. Did any other fast txters get the hang of txting on the BB storm? i might go back in get it in a week...not today so I wont look crazy LOL!
    Clearly you didn't spend enough time checking out the phone in the store. I spent 1 hour (plus or minus a few minutes) looking through and typing fake texts and emails on the storm before I purchased it - I also came up from an EnV. The surepress takes a bit getting used to but once you do you can type relatively fast ...not as fast as on your EnV but fast enough.
    Last edited by gafly; 05-29-09 at 08:54 PM.
    05-29-09 08:52 PM
    I didn't have a week, I had 3 days to get a refund or I'd be stuck with it and possibly have carpal tunnel lol. I disabled auto text 3 times and it didnt work :shrugs: my main question is for fast txters. when u transitioned to this phone, did the txting get better over time or are u still having issues. That will be what will make me get the phone and stick with it, or possibly wait for something else of see how the bb storm 2 works.
    My textibg got better over time. I had to tweak the settings a bit and do the business card fix but then I was good to go. This device has aearning curve but its well worth the experience to go through it.

05-29-09 09:40 PM
    You just need that learning curve lol.
    05-29-09 10:35 PM
    I currently own the Bold, but went to the Verizon store to see what all the fuss was all about on the Storm. That was my biggest problem, it was very hard to text. The landscape mode made it easier a little bit. I just couldn't text fast enough. Given maybe a few weeks, I might be able to text faster, but rather go with a pda phone that I can naturally text message quick. I think the concept is right and a little more tweaking, it can be a great phone. I personally wouldn't swap my Bold for a Storm at this point.
    05-29-09 10:57 PM
    I fly on mine....
    It is a learning curve
    05-29-09 11:51 PM
    With suretype it is definitely a learning curve, but landscape typing is the same as regular full qwerty typing. I type faster on my storm than on my 8830 now.
    05-29-09 11:55 PM
    When you learned to type on the Storm you can text REALY FAST... I'm typing around 40-50 words/minutes with mine. You just need an adaptation time. It can takes 1 or 2 weeks...
    05-29-09 11:57 PM
    I currently own the Bold, but went to the Verizon store to see what all the fuss was all about on the Storm. That was my biggest problem, it was very hard to text. The landscape mode made it easier a little bit. I just couldn't text fast enough. Given maybe a few weeks, I might be able to text faster, but rather go with a pda phone that I can naturally text message quick. I think the concept is right and a little more tweaking, it can be a great phone. I personally wouldn't swap my Bold for a Storm at this point.
    Yeah im waiting for the TOUR now. A phone is suppose to be convenient, the storm is not. lol real keyboards >> touch screen anyday. I AM suffering from BB withdrawal already tho. It sucks I have to wait til July or later for the Tour.
    05-30-09 03:58 AM
    Yeah im waiting for the TOUR now. A phone is suppose to be convenient, the storm is not. lol real keyboards >> touch screen anyday. I AM suffering from BB withdrawal already tho. It sucks I have to wait til July or later for the Tour.
    You can get a curve on ebay (just be careful). They are tried an true and makes a good back up phone and no my curve is not for sale.

As for the storm not not being convenient; well that is really a personal criteria. Main runs fast and snappy and I never had any real issues. If something bugs me about it, I fix it; same thing I did when I curve as my main phone.
    05-30-09 11:32 AM
    I'm a fast texter and I left the EnV (after a year) for the Dare. I loved the Dare and it took a couple of days to get used to the touch screen but I couldnt get any of the apps that I had on my EnV on the Dare (Superpages mainly). I got all I could ask for & more with the Storm...for free too. The click screen made me hate texting at first then after about a week I fell in love with the Surepress (click screen). Now I can text super fast on my Storm and I wouldnt Dare (no pun intended) use another type of touchscreen phone.
    05-30-09 03:00 PM
    I got the bb storm yesterday, had it for 2 hrs then returned it. It wasnt a bad phone. Actually, it was freakin awesome...but txting is what killed it for me. I'm a fast txter. my current phone is an LG EnV and I can just GO on that. My question is, as a fast txter, did I do the right thing by returning the phone? the autotxt was killing me. Did any other fast txters get the hang of txting on the BB storm? i might go back in get it in a week...not today so I wont look crazy LOL!
    Wow. You missed out. The storm is very easy to text on. I have big hands and I can type just fine on this phone. The storm is the best and most interesting piece of tech gear I have ever used. You should have given the phone a real chance.

05-30-09 03:12 PM
    I came from the LG enV to the Storm, it wasn't too hard transformation, but it did take a lil while to get used to.

05-30-09 03:16 PM
    i gotta say this:

when i worked for VZW, they had a txt competition, and i got like 2nd or 3rd, but i have the best average time over the 4 or 5 days it ran, only reason i lost is because someone got a faster time once.

anyway, i competed with an enV...shortly after that, i got a pearl, then the curve and now the storm. i've been faster than the previous with every model since the enV...so i'm faster on the pearl than i was with the enV, faster with the curve than i was with the pearl, and faster with the storm than i was with the curve...

moral of the story is that it'll take awhile to get used to it.

this may be the case but some peoples fingers just dont work on a touch screen well..

and some people prefer the touch screen so I guess its like also a preference thing.
    05-30-09 04:55 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD