I ran .109 for quite a while. The radio and overall phone function was very good on my unit. The only issue I had was the sporadic re-boot while trying to take a picture.

When .148 came out with rave reviews, I made the switch. The camera issue seems to be corrected but my phone is much much slower on .148.

I have had it now for about 2 weeks and it is not getting any better. My memory starts around 46 and typically works its way down to about 18-20.

The only third party app I am running is weather bug but I have the GPS turned off and only set to update every two hours.

Any thoughts out there as to whether I possibly installed something incorrectly or what may be causing this version to run poorly on my phone???

Thanks!
    05-30-09 01:08 PM
    I'd suggest you try Lyrics hybrid, perhaps you'll have better luck with that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 01:11 PM
    See this thread for some suggestions:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/re...y-leak-235048/

Basically, something in your install is corrupted. If you're willing to take the time and troubleshoot the installation, you can do a factory reset of your phone, re-synch your contacts and calendar, then slowly re-add your applications. If one of the applications was incorrectly restored when you installed the OS, this process should fix it. If it's a 3rd party application that is not entirely compatible with 148, this should help you identify it.

Keep in mind, this is not an instant fix, it's a troubleshooting process.
    05-30-09 01:14 PM
    See this thread for some suggestions:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/re...y-leak-235048/

Basically, something in your install is corrupted. If you're willing to take the time and troubleshoot the installation, you can do a factory reset of your phone, re-synch your contacts and calendar, then slowly re-add your applications. If one of the applications was incorrectly restored when you installed the OS, this process should fix it. If it's a 3rd party application that is not entirely compatible with 148, this should help you identify it.

Keep in mind, this is not an instant fix, it's a troubleshooting process.
    This is the way to go and for sure the cause of your memory leak. Although instructions state to use outlook, there are workarounds for that as well
    05-30-09 01:19 PM
    thanks guys. I'll give it a shot and see what I come up with.
    05-30-09 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD