Hey guys, this is my first post on Crackberry. I got my Storm a few days ago, and I have a few questions.

1: The WeatherBug App (Yes I have the news version, downloaded it 10 minutes ago) doesn't seem to be able to find my location correctly. the address it displays is not correct. Any help why?

2: The Google Map app always says the GPS is unavailable. I read somewhere that Google Maps isn't fully functional with the Storm yet. Is this true? (BTW, Blackberry Maps works fine and pulls up my home location correctly, it just kinda looks ugly and can't integrate the addresses from my contacts, thats why I prefer Google maps)
    12-26-08 07:28 PM
    Hey guys, this is my first post on Crackberry. I got my Storm a few days ago, and I have a few questions.
    I'll just start by repeating the mantra you're going to run into repeatedly here: Search is your friend!

1: The WeatherBug App (Yes I have the news version, downloaded it 10 minutes ago) doesn't seem to be able to find my location correctly. the address it displays is not correct. Any help why?
    Several possibilities are discussed in the various Weatherbug related threads.

2: The Google Map app always says the GPS is unavailable. I read somewhere that Google Maps isn't fully functional with the Storm yet. Is this true? (BTW, Blackberry Maps works fine and pulls up my home location correctly, it just kinda looks ugly and can't integrate the addresses from my contacts, thats why I prefer Google maps)
    Also discussed numerous times in discussion threads about Google Maps.

All the answers you seek are right here in these forums, you just have to hit the search link. Search terms like "Google Maps GPS" and "Weatherbug delay" will likely turn up what you're looking for.

It's amazing the wealth of information you can find by searching these forums, because odds are you're not the first person here to have any given problem. So learn to love the search, otherwise be prepared to have about every third post in any thread you start, being someone telling you to search first.
    12-26-08 08:12 PM
    Ok then... Sorry about that.
    12-26-08 08:29 PM
    Don't let it happen again. JK
    12-26-08 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD