Hello! I am sorry if this question has been posted before but my eyes are starting to hurt from searching for the question/answer in other posts. I am very new to the Blackberry Storm. To be honest, it is driving me crazy because it is super slow, it freezes and I am just to impatient to wait around for my phone to "work" I've already deleted messages, cleared logs and whatever Verizon told me to do. But, it still gets really slow. So, I was told to upgrade it .

Question #1: Which version of the leaked OS is the best version. It doesn't really explain what capabilities each upgrade has. I don't want to just download any random thing and trust it. I'm assuming .141 is the most recent? Should I just go for that?

Question #2: Can I trust these leaked versions? Or will I get bugs from it.

Question #3: I'm with Verizon, do i just download it the same? Or is there anything special I need to do depending on the carrier.

Question #4: Will I be able to downgrade it back to the original version if I need tO?

Sorry for so many questions but I'm a little hesitant and really want to love my phone. But my phone isn't so lovable right now! Thank you to whoever will respond to this!
    05-14-09 04:07 PM
    .141 is the msot recent i have no problems with it, trust the leaks, jsut be sure to delete vendor.xml (located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader) after installing your leak

you can always downgrade

if going for .141, install it and then go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\shared\loader files\9530-v4.7.0.141_p4.0.0.174\java

then paste the file at this website in there and click yes to REPLACE existing... MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

any other questions PM me or ill check here periodically to see how youre doing

Edit: no problems except the unlock glitch, but i explained the fix ask if you need more detail jsut let me know before updating if you go with .141...ALWAYS open Device Manager and do a safety Backup before doing anything to your phone

and Welcome, the forums are filled with knowledge search around
    Last edited by gnh5002; 05-14-09 at 04:17 PM.
    05-14-09 04:15 PM
    Read this and follow directions carefully and it will go well

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/n0...source-213706/
    05-14-09 06:03 PM
    Read the NOOB guide and go for it. You'll love your phone. Whatever you do, you can always go back if you want.

I like the hybrid best, but I would recommend going to .132 first. It's a straight forward OS upgrade and it runs WAY better than .75. Run it for a week, then you can try the hybrid. I think it's the best OS, but you should do a regular upgrade first.

Grey
    Last edited by grey; 05-14-09 at 09:37 PM.
    05-14-09 09:34 PM
    Thank you everyone for your responses! I was thinking no one would respond to me because there are soooooo many posts! I'll take the plunge and let you guys know how it goes! Hopefully I don't mess this up! Thank you again!
    05-15-09 01:34 AM
    I upgraded and it was a success! So far its faster and doesn't lag. But i'll play with it some more and read some more posts to learn more about my phone! Thank you again!
    05-15-09 04:59 AM
    Remember to do a battery pull afterwards also a battery pull is recommended every few days to make sure storm runs fast. Its a cure for all problems.

I am glad the update went well. Enjoy your storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 08:14 AM
    I'm curious!****
    What OS did you install if I may?
    05-15-09 08:17 AM
    Remember to do a battery pull afterwards also a battery pull is recommended every few days to make sure storm runs fast. Its a cure for all problems.

I am glad the update went well. Enjoy your storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I did do the battery pull! I actually learned that from one of your other posts! But I didn't know you had to do it every few days. Learn something new everyday. =)This website is great! You have some great info and that's totally appreciated. I hated my storm and wanted to fling it out a window.. but 2 days now my storm has been MUCh better since the upgrade. I love it again!
    05-16-09 03:10 AM
    I'm curious!****
    What OS did you install if I may?
    I upgraded to the .141. Which I believe is the newest one. I'm a total amateur so don't quote me on that. I've seen other posts that says there's problems when you upgrade from .75 straight to .141. But I had no problem at all. My phone runs great! Just read the posts and do EXACTLY as told and it'll be no prob!
    05-16-09 03:12 AM
    I upgraded to the .141. Which I believe is the newest one. I'm a total amateur so don't quote me on that. I've seen other posts that says there's problems when you upgrade from .75 straight to .141. But I had no problem at all. My phone runs great! Just read the posts and do EXACTLY as told and it'll be no prob!
    Congratulations!

I'd recommend you get Quickpull V2- it's a free app that simulates a battery pull (without having to physically do it). It comes in handy if you have a case on your Storm (especially the two-piece ones like the Innocase II).

Enjoy your much-improved phone!
    05-16-09 03:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD