Hi all!

So I don't have my Storm yet, but I'll be picking it up this time next week. I thought now would be a good time to ask a few basic questions.

1) the OEM charging pod that holds the Storm on its side only charges right?

2) Can you charge/sync from a PC with any mini USB cord or does it have to be the Storm's?

3) I'm an old Palm user and I like how the sync works on it. I use a Tungsten T3 at work to keep track of meetings and such after syncing with my outlook. While I'm sure the Storm can do this, how do you sync?

I guess I'm kinda looking for options on a charging/sync cradle kinda thing and how picky the Storm is for charging?

I'd also like to take a minute to thank everyone for being so wise in the ways of the 'Berry. I've already got several things lined up to install and possibly even update to .99 next weekend.

-Bob
    02-07-09 06:27 PM
    Yay! That'll teach me not to double check which sub-forum I'm in!

Mods, could I get this moved up to the normal Storm forum area please?

(Sorry for the mistake)
    02-07-09 06:38 PM
    The pod actually doesn't do anything. You have to have a separate charger, which plugs into the pod (the charger comes with the Storm; the pod does not) or a sync cable, which comes with the Storm. You don't have to have the pod, but it's a nice place for the Storm to rest, and you also get to use the cool bedside mode feature, where the Storm can essentially replace your bedside clock. I have two. I keep a pod on my desk and one on my nightstand.
    02-07-09 06:46 PM
    Ah... so it's a pretty holder for the storm then.

Do all sync cables charge, and do they plug into the same port?

-Bob
    02-07-09 07:03 PM
    The usb is a standard full>micro usb cable.

Charging thru USB is very slow compared to plugging it into the wall.
    02-07-09 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD