I keep hearing that the storm only supports one channel of sound. Now I'm not very familiar with programming or anything but doesn't the fact that the music player plays all my songs in stereo mean that it supports dual channel? Also, if it really does only support one channel is it true that the 9500 does not suffer from this? Lastly, is it limited due to hardware or software. I keep hearing mixed answers..thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 02:16 PM
    anyone?

10char
    02-23-09 03:05 PM
    From what I have gathered the problem is a hardware issue that all Verizon Blackberries have. I'm not sure if the 9500 is affected. Supposedly it's not, but I've heard several owners claim that it does. This is by far my biggest complaint of the Storm.
    02-23-09 04:25 PM
    Yea seriously. If it really is a hardware issue then I would like to know what exactly was running through their heads at the time. Pretty dumb.

02-23-09 04:38 PM
    its rim not to many smart people there
    02-23-09 05:42 PM
    Basically, all CDMA phones need a Qualcomm chipset, and Qualcomm's chip designers have absolutely no foresight. Thus, we end up with a chipset with no hardware mixer, and RIM is caught with one missing feature next to a host of show-stopper bugs.

Hopefully, after Verizon signs off on the next gold release, they'll start plugging away on the lack of software mixer since it's a major stumbling block in the way of their positioning this as a multimedia phone.

02-23-09 06:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD