Any new news on Skyfire comeing out, I hate the BB browser and the others arn't really much better.
    05-10-09 11:52 PM
    Skyfire is being worked on. Right now its in limited alpha/beta closed testing on the bold & 8900.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 12:13 AM
    Do they have Bolt for the Storm? If so, that browser works pretty darn good on my Bold and 8900
    05-11-09 12:14 AM
    Yes they do, but in my opinion its not very good.

05-11-09 12:19 AM
    I hate bolt. Its garbage imo... I use regular bb browser or opera mini when downloading files or for heavier load pages. Works great for me. I can't wait to get skyfire. My brothers omnia has it and I'm sooo jealous lol.

05-11-09 01:36 AM
    Bolt sucks! Opera mini is way better than BB browser for most things. That's what I'm posting with. Opera would be great if it was storm specifc. Hope skyfire turns out to be a winner.

05-11-09 01:44 AM
    I can't wait for skyfire to come available for the storm, a friend has it on his Omnia and it's sick!!!
    05-11-09 02:05 AM
    Skyfire would be great

05-11-09 06:44 AM
    I was told there will not be a Storm specific version of Skyfire. Might make navigating pretty annoying and cumbersome, if it works.
    05-11-09 07:37 AM
    I edited the title of the thread to "Questions About Skyfire" We can discuss the coming browser in this thread. Lets not turn this in to a which is the best browser debate as we already have enough of those.

This is what I know. Skyfire IS coming, right now it's just being tested (limited and closed) on Bolds and 8900s. I have also seen mention of other BBs, however they have NOT mentioned any touch screen BBs. This does not mean that a touch screen BB version is not in the works, just that I have not seen mention of it. It is also possible that another version would work on the Storm in compatibility mode.
    05-11-09 07:43 AM
    I edited the title of the thread to "Questions About Skyfire" We can discuss the coming browser in this thread. Lets not turn this in to a which is the best browser debate as we already have enough of those.

This is what I know. Skyfire IS coming, right now it's just being tested (limited and closed) on Bolds and 8900s. I have also seen mention of other BBs, however they have NOT mentioned any touch screen BBs. This does not mean that a touch screen BB version is not in the works, just that I have not seen mention of it. It is also possible that another version would work on the Storm in compatibility mode.
    I'd have to dig to find the post, but someone on here contacted the Skyfire team and got a response regarding which devices they plan on supporting. The Storm was not listed. I don't think they want to put forth the extra effort to make a separate touch version for BB users.

EDIT: Should be here.
    Last edited by notabun; 05-11-09 at 08:17 AM.
    05-11-09 07:53 AM
    I'd have to dig to find the post, but someone on here contacted the Skyfire team and got a response regarding which devices they plan on supporting. The Storm was not listed. I don't think they want to put forth the extra effort to make a separate touch version for BB users.

EDIT: Should be here.
    Yes I am not hopefuly either, BUT you never know. We should bombard them with requests, AND it may also help sway them when other touch BBs, like the Storm 2 and Magnum (or whatever they decide to call it) come out.
    05-11-09 08:50 AM
    i don't think we should harass them about making it for the storm if they are not planning to its not like we are paying for it, we are getting for free.
    05-17-09 10:48 AM
    i don't think we should harass them about making it for the storm if they are not planning to its not like we are paying for it, we are getting for free.

Don't think the idea of bombarding Mozilla is to harass them...its more to let them know that there is a very good sized community of storm users out there, who are interested in skyfire...so that they may realize it is WORTH the EXTRA EFFORT...
    05-17-09 01:38 PM
    So from what i have see about Skyfire you can watch videos online. Now what videos? I have a subscription to NHL.com and can watch live games on my comp. Now will i be able to sign in and watch them on my Storm? Can i sign in to netflix and watch movies?
    05-17-09 04:26 PM
    flash is supported
    05-19-09 07:42 PM
    You can watch imbedded flash videos like youtube etc. I also tried watching LOST on ABC.com and it worked. Skyfire is awesome. I had it running on my Windows Mobile phone before and it was great. I pray they will make one for the Storm.
    05-19-09 10:30 PM
    What about flash embedded games on some websites? They would be hard to play if they do work for controls

05-20-09 12:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD