Hello, i couldn't find the thread i made some days ago so i'll list some more questions here.

Is there something wrong with the youtube app? I followed the instructions from the blog here but when i enter the site the application is supposed to be it just says "Visit Now" with the youtube icon above. (and yes my browser identification is set to blackberry)

Secondly, when i'm typing in landscape mode (QWERTY keyboard) a little window appears with probable words i was typing,i tried to stop that because i hate it, i've unchecked every text input options and spell checking but it just keeps appearing. How can i stop that?

There's also a video in my media folder which i can't delete for some unknown reason,how can i delete it once and for all?

Is anyone else having problems with copy pasting? I've been trying to copy paste stuff since i bought my storm 2 but man it's frustrating. Aren't you supposed to use two fingers and then drag one of those cursors, or whatever they're called until the letter you want to copy? When i try to copy paste from a site i might highlight half of the stuff i want to copy but then it scrolls down or up,making it impossible to highlight everything i want to copy. am i doing something wrong here?is there some kind of fix for this,maybe less sensitivity, i really don't know but it drives me insane.

Oh and lastly, since this is my first blackberry, should i update to the newest versions of software or is there some kind of catch?For example when i connect my BB to my computer i get a window which says that there are updates for example BB core applications 5.0 and nearly all of my applications like facebook and messenger have updates. Should i update or not and why?

That's it for now,thanks in advance
    Last edited by insty91; 06-21-10 at 06:27 AM.
    06-21-10 06:07 AM
    Oh and by the way,should I be searching for another browser or is the one that's on the storm good enough?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 04:35 PM
    Secondly, when i'm typing in landscape mode (QWERTY keyboard) a little window appears with probable words i was typing,i tried to stop that because i hate it, i've unchecked every text input options and spell checking but it just keeps appearing. How can i stop that
    Turn you phone to landscape mode and click options>language and text input where it says word completion change it to auto correction. Now click show text input option and uncheck auto completion. See if that is what you want. *note* will only work when you have your phone turned in landscape.
    06-23-10 04:57 PM
    Oh and lastly, since this is my first blackberry, should i update to the newest versions of software or is there some kind of catch?For example when i connect my BB to my computer i get a window which says that there are updates for example BB core applications 5.0 and nearly all of my applications like facebook and messenger have updates. Should i update or not and why?
    This update will show everytime you connect your phone just cancel it and run dm as usual.
    06-23-10 04:59 PM
    There's also a video in my media folder which i can't delete for some unknown reason,how can i delete it once and for all?

Is anyone else having problems with copy pasting? I've been trying to copy paste stuff since i bought my storm 2 but man it's frustrating. Aren't you supposed to use two fingers and then drag one of those cursors, or whatever they're called until the letter you want to copy? When i try to copy paste from a site i might highlight half of the stuff i want to copy but then it scrolls down or up,making it impossible to highlight everything i want to copy. am i doing something wrong here?is there some kind of fix for this,maybe less sensitivity, i really don't know but it drives me insane.
    Wow you got a sticky situation there and i can't really help much cuz i hardly have those problems.

the video is from where?

also storm2 copy and paste is not so simple.. i mean you have to get use to it....i would say takes time to master it? hahaha... there is some options for the keyboard which you can tune sensitivity i think...but i never change those settings cuz i am getting use to the copy and paste now... i can understand your fustration on the selection of text. so you go read up on that touch and key sensitivity thingy and try configure what is best for you.

of course if have any experts here can help you is best!
    06-23-10 05:20 PM
    Thanks for your replies,qwerty problem fixed,I also managed to delete the files by repairing my media card. What about the youtube app and the browser though?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-10 08:08 AM
    For Youtube, I just use the native S2 browser. For surfing, I like Bolt - but many here prefer Opera Mini 5. I would try both out for a little while and see which you like. Hopefully the S2 will run the upcoming version of RIM's new Os, OS6, which will include a much improved native browser.

Enjoy your new toy.
    06-24-10 08:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD