Okay so today I look and my battery has gone down 20 percent in an hour of it being taken off a full charge. Its dead by 4pm. What could be the problem? Also When I try to change my theme nothing happens?
    02-17-09 06:14 PM
    also how do I put the downloaded themes on my storm?
    02-17-09 06:36 PM
    You have 2 separate problems. Lets try to break them down individually.

1. The battery drain is pretty normal. What OS version are you running? What apps do you have installed and running? How much do you use your phone in a given day (20+ E-Mails, 1 hr talk time, 45 min web browsing, etc)

2. What theme did you Download? When you go into Themes and click on the theme, nothing will appear to happen. You wont notice any change until you back out of the Options menu and start navigating the screens.

Get back to us with more info and we will do our best to help you out.
    02-17-09 06:38 PM
    You have 2 separate problems. Lets try to break them down individually.

1. The battery drain is pretty normal. What OS version are you running? What apps do you have installed and running? How much do you use your phone in a given day (20+ E-Mails, 1 hr talk time, 45 min web browsing, etc)

2. What theme did you Download? When you go into Themes and click on the theme, nothing will appear to happen. You wont notice any change until you back out of the Options menu and start navigating the screens.

Get back to us with more info and we will do our best to help you out.
    1. I probably get 5-10 emails a day. less than an hour talking. Not a lot of browsing. I am more of a texter probably around 150+ a day. I have Myspace/facebook/aim/bb msnger

2. I haven't downloaded any of the themes, I don't know how! Ha I am a BB noob. Also how do I check what version im using
    02-17-09 06:41 PM
    Also how do I put a mp3 on here? I have it plugged up to my computer via usb cable. Once I have the mp3 can I use it as a ringtone?
    02-17-09 06:47 PM
    Also how do I put a mp3 on here? I have it plugged up to my computer via usb cable. Once I have the mp3 can I use it as a ringtone?
    yes, if you like the entire song playing......I think there are ways to clip mp3s, but I dont know exactly how, is your phone on vibrate during the day? I notice that on work days when my phone is on vib I have much less battery than on off days when its on loud
    02-17-09 06:59 PM
    Im sorry you have a storm so the point about the mp3s as ringtones may be wrong, I was going on my experience with my curve
    02-17-09 07:00 PM
    thanks for the reply, I will try silent.
    02-17-09 07:04 PM
    If you are sending 105+ messages per day along with ~30 min of talking, there is a good chance your battery is running low. Apps like Facebook need to constantly 'phone home' to the Facebook servers to update your status as well as check for any messages. If your phone vibrates and then makes a tone, that will add up to battery drain throughout the day. Especially with 150 - 200 messages per day. Putting the device to silent and just relying on the Red LED to let you know when new messages come in would likely extend your battery life. Charge up overnight and give it a try tomorrow.

As for themes, if you dont have any installed, that may be why you cant switch to different ones.
    Look at the top of the Storm forum for the Theme thread. You can read up on new ones posted and DL if you like.

As far as transferring an MP3 to your phone, you can do a search on 'storm mass storage' for info on how to get your BB to show up on your PC to copy movies, music, etc. I am not sure about making an MP3 into a ring tone tho.
    02-17-09 07:34 PM
    If you are sending 105+ messages per day along with ~30 min of talking, there is a good chance your battery is running low. Apps like Facebook need to constantly 'phone home' to the Facebook servers to update your status as well as check for any messages. If your phone vibrates and then makes a tone, that will add up to battery drain throughout the day. Especially with 150 - 200 messages per day. Putting the device to silent and just relying on the Red LED to let you know when new messages come in would likely extend your battery life. Charge up overnight and give it a try tomorrow.

As for themes, if you dont have any installed, that may be why you cant switch to different ones.
    Look at the top of the Storm forum for the Theme thread. You can read up on new ones posted and DL if you like.

As far as transferring an MP3 to your phone, you can do a search on 'storm mass storage' for info on how to get your BB to show up on your PC to copy movies, music, etc. I am not sure about making an MP3 into a ring tone tho.
    How can I delete apps like facebook? Also I talk 30 minutes at the very most.. do I have to close out of everything I click on?

How do I get the themes on my phone? I downloaded one but dont know how to put it on my actual phone.
    I figured out the music part.. I think
    02-17-09 07:38 PM
    I haven't downloaded any of the themes, I don't know how! Ha I am a BB noob. Also how do I check what version im using
    Just like Eric said, you can get themes from storm subforum of the themes forum. There are two types of themes just like there are two types of apps. There are those that you can install OTA (over-the-air) and those that you download and install. The ones that you install OTA have a jad extension and you can get these just by clicking the link from the BB browser. The ones that you download and install have an alx file, you can install these using the app loader.

To add music to your storm, you can use mass storage mode. You can enable this by going to: Options> Memory> setting Media Card Support: ON, MTP: ON, Mass Storage Mode Support: ON, Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: ON or PROMPT. Once the file is on your device, you can go to the media app, click music, songs, the song, press the bb key, and click Set As Ringtone. This method will only set the song as the main ringtone and not a contact ringtone.

How can I delete apps like facebook? Also I talk 30 minutes at the very most.. do I have to close out of everything I click on?
    There are two ways that you can delete an app. The first is to just highlight the app you want to delete, press the BB key and click delete. The second is to go to: Options> Advanced Options> Applications> Highlight the app you want to remove, press the BB key and click delete.

It is recommended that you close out of apps completely that you won't use for a while to cut down on battery and memory lose. You can do this by pressing the bb key and clicking close from within the app. If you want to see what you are running currently, hold the bb key down for a while to bring up the app switcher. Now just drag your finger back and forth across the bar to scroll through the running apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD