I'll try to keep this quick.

Went to local verizon store at 8:30am. I was told they were sold out, but wold be getting another shipment in later this afternoon and that I could be put on a waiting list. Went over to the counter and the sales rep started entering my info. Then pulled out a Jawbone, car charger, and case/belt clip. As she started to scan them in, I told her she had the wrong customer - I didn't ask to buy those. She THEN told me that I had to buy this accessory bundle to get my name on the list for the phones that would be in this afternoon. VERY SHADY! I looked at the counters and all of the sales reps were doing the same thing to all of the customers there.

1) Were they REALLY sold out? or just trying to bump up commission?
    2) Why didn't anyone tell me that I had to purchase an accessory bundle BEFORE they started to scan the merchandise onto my ticket?

Did this happen to anyone else?

Once I realized I was going to have to drop over $150 bucks to reserve a phone for later today, I started to walk out. The sales rep then told me she would just order one for me and it would be delivered tomorrow (on sat). I asked TWICE.. "Saturday? I'll get the phone on a weekend?" and she assured me that I would have it tomorrow. Low and behold, it won't be here until monday.

That's TWO very deceptive tactics that were used so these reps could get their commission.
    Last edited by Beans32; 11-21-08 at 11:22 PM.
    11-21-08 11:18 PM
    I walked in to an authorized reseller this afternoon, they were still waiting on there shipment of storms (said fed-ex was late). Whatever the case, the rep said that I couldn't buy a Storm unless it was on a Nationwide select package, I tried telling her that this was certainly not the case (I wanted a Nationwide basic package), but they refused to sell it to me with Nationwide Basic on it. I walked out and went to a corporate store but they were having computer problems . Can't win, damn it.

This was in Chesapeake, VA btw.
    Last edited by devman; 11-21-08 at 11:36 PM.
    11-21-08 11:33 PM
    I forgot to add that I was due for a "new every 2" discount ($100) and the sales rep "didn't notice" and tried to charge me full amount. I had to tell her to change the final price. Any one of these things alone is no big deal, but put together, I think the store was doing anything possible to get commission money. snakes. After today, I now group Verizon with Sprint in terms of respecting their customers.
    11-21-08 11:40 PM
    I walked in to an authorized reseller this afternoon, they were still waiting on there shipment of storms (said fed-ex was late). Whatever the case, the rep said that I couldn't buy a Storm unless it was on a Nationwide select package, I tried telling her that this was certainly not the case (I wanted a Nationwide basic package), but they refused to sell it to me with Nationwide Basic on it. I walked out and went to a corporate store but they were having computer problems . Can't win, damn it.

In the future add it, go home, set up myverizon and change it. "With our worry free guarantee you can change to any current calling plan at any time". If you know it's not true (which its not, but you do need an email package) just nod your head politely until you get what you want and then change it.
    11-21-08 11:46 PM

Yeah, I had something similar happen to me as well in an authorized retailer store today. I just let the sales rep do what he wanted, but as soon as I left the store, I called customer service to resolve everything.
    11-22-08 01:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD