Do you notice a drop off in signal strength?

I put a non VZW release on my Pearl when 4.5 was released, and it wasn't even on the horizon for VZW. Sitting here at my desk, I had 3-4 bars of EVDO coverage with the original 4.2 (or whatever came on the Pearl). When I put on the non VZW release, I always kicked back and forth between 1x and EVDO coverage, a definite loss of signal quality.

Sitting here at my desk with the Storm in the same place, I have all of my bars with EVDO coverage. I don't want to have the same issue with a non VZW release on the Storm.
    12-19-08 06:55 AM
    It doesn't matter whether it's "Official" or "beta", the OS will be the same regardless. If the OS is going to cause poor reception(doubt it) then it's going to do it regardless of the technical status of the OS. It's the same, one is only stamped Official. Verizon does not change anything.
    12-19-08 06:57 AM
    "Bars" mean absolutely nothing. There have been times when it says I have full reception, I go to make a call, and the call sucks and drops and service goes away. Theres been times when it fluctuates from 0-1 bar and my call is flawless.

This is why AT&T's whole advertising campaign drives me nuts. Then you have the douchebags who want to play "WHO HAS THE MOST BARS OMG!"
    12-19-08 07:04 AM
    Thanks! I didn't even think of going in and checking the reception level.
    12-19-08 07:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD