I'm new to Blackberry and the world of smartphones in general. For some reason, everytime I send an email from my gmail address, I instantly get a copy of that email delivered to my Blackberry. Is this something that can be controlled through Blackberry, or does it have to be done through Gmail? I tried creating a filter on gmail to block all email from my own gmail address from coming to my inbox, but that didn't solve my problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    01-07-09 03:29 PM
    Setup > Email Setup > Highlight the account > BB Button > Filters > Add Filter > Filter on From Address > Put your email address in the contains box > Add > Save
    01-07-09 03:33 PM
    I'm new to Blackberry and the world of smartphones in general. For some reason, everytime I send an email from my gmail address, I instantly get a copy of that email delivered to my Blackberry. Is this something that can be controlled through Blackberry, or does it have to be done through Gmail? I tried creating a filter on gmail to block all email from my own gmail address from coming to my inbox, but that didn't solve my problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    I had the same problem, put the filter and worked perfect. Maybe you did something wrong?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 03:34 PM
    sounds like the OP put the filter via gmail. i don't think that works. you have to do it via BIS.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/gmai...lackberry-853/
    01-07-09 03:35 PM
    Hey, you need to go into your BIS account on the Internet and set up a rule to not get messages from your email address. Its a filter that you have to create. I forget exactly how to do it since I did it so long ago.
    01-07-09 03:35 PM
    Yeah once I setup the filter through the email setup i stopped getting emails from myself as well. Took a total of 2 minutes!
    01-07-09 03:37 PM
    Setup > Email Setup > Highlight the account > BB Button > Filters > Add Filter > Filter on From Address > Put your email address in the contains box > Add > Save
    Worked perfectly, thanks so much!
    01-07-09 03:48 PM
    Wicked. Excellent info.
    01-07-09 03:53 PM
    I'd leave it the way it is. If you delete it, then no copy is saved to your Gmail Outbox.
    01-07-09 03:54 PM
    I'd leave it the way it is. If you delete it, then no copy is saved to your Gmail Outbox.
    I thought there was a way you could create another filter that labels messages you send from the blackberry as "Sent Items" on your computer gmail. That way you have a record of your sent messages on your computer.

I have tried to find help on this but when I search I only end up with the complaint of messages being forwarded to the blackberry.

Can someone help?
    01-08-09 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD