I know there are several people experiencing the same problem I am, that is we sound muffled to the people on the other ends of our calls. On a hunch, I switched the network setting back to "global", as I had been on 1XEV hoping to extend battery life.

I called my wife, who is the biggest critic of the sound of my voice on the Storm, and she said I sounded much better, even "normal"

I have no idea if this is a fluke, or if I may be onto something here. Are those of you with the muffled sounding voice all on 1xEV or global? If you are on 1XEV , does switching back to global show any improvement?
    12-18-08 07:23 PM
    I know there are several people experiencing the same problem I am, that is we sound muffled to the people on the other ends of our calls. On a hunch, I switched the network setting back to "global", as I had been on 1XEV hoping to extend battery life.

I called my wife, who is the biggest critic of the sound of my voice on the Storm, and she said I sounded much better, even "normal"

I have no idea if this is a fluke, or if I may be onto something here. Are those of you with the muffled sounding voice all on 1xEV or global? If you are on 1XEV , does switching back to global show any improvement?
    I don't think that's the issue, I have an AT&T SIM card and use my phone on both GSM and Verizon CDMA and the poor quality happens on both.
    12-18-08 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD