hey guys/gals,
    am seriously thinking about a storm despite all the hardships that seem to be going around. today was the first time i actually was able to hold one and play with it (unfortunately it was off) but i was curious... because you actually have to physically push the screen down... do you have to release it and then push again each time you want to push a letter during an email or text? because that seems to be the thing that may slow it down... i know i can type on it but having to fully release it adds timing... anyways just curious! let me know if its actually something thats frustrating or if you adapt to it!

cheers!
    02-17-09 05:59 PM
    Mate the screen is awsome!
    02-17-09 06:02 PM
    but do you need to release! and re-click!?
    02-17-09 06:04 PM
    Yeah you do that's the biggest learning curve for me, I type fast and I'd constantly miss keys because I hadn't lifted my finger off the last letter. You do get used to it though just takes practice, but yeah one letter ata time.
    02-17-09 06:06 PM
    thats cool i figured that when i was doing my fake typing on a blank device... is there anyway to get the full qwerty in the portrait mode? with individual letters for each key? or just landscape for that!
    02-17-09 06:07 PM
    It took me about 2 weeks but I am about where I was with the 8830. Def learning curve with it.
    I found I was slower on my brothers iphone without the screen click. Of course
    I had no learning curve with it. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 06:10 PM
    thats cool i figured that when i was doing my fake typing on a blank device... is there anyway to get the full qwerty in the portrait mode? with individual letters for each key? or just landscape for that!
    Just landscape as far as I know not sure about any of the leaked os.

02-17-09 06:12 PM
    It took me about 2 weeks but I am about where I was with the 8830. Def learning curve with it.
    I found I was slower on my brothers iphone without the screen click. Of course
    I had no learning curve with it. Lol

do you miss the physical keyboard... i really dont know what to do! i love the design of the new berries and i am constantly reading every comparison between the two... i had an iphone and it was alright but i love bbm and everything berry... i just dont know if i want the touchscreen or not... miss it?
    02-17-09 06:12 PM
    I'm learning to love it, for the first week I wanted to throw it on the driveway and run over it just so no one else could even use it. I'm a lot better now, I know it sounds lame but I found slowing down and taking my time typing really helped and now I can type faster. It's really easy to type on, I just would have issues with sometimes clicking just a bit too high on the keyboard so I'd actually click the text box versus the top row keys. Or I'd go too fast and would do a downswipe which would hide the keyboard. You'll notice on it there's a very fine space between the left and right side of the keyboard. Keep your left thumb on the left side and right on the right. I was bad for reaching over to the left using my right thumb to click T for example, which would always produce a Y. If I use my left thumb though it's fine.
    02-17-09 06:17 PM
    do you miss the physical keyboard... i really dont know what to do! i love the design of the new berries and i am constantly reading every comparison between the two... i had an iphone and it was alright but i love bbm and everything berry... i just dont know if i want the touchscreen or not... miss it?
    To be honest I do sometimes miss the keyboard (do to fat thumb syndrome) it gets frustrating some days!
    But with everything else this bad boy can do I live with it. Thank god for auto spell check that's for
    Sure. I have several friends that returned the storm do to typing. I just don't think they gave it enough time.

02-17-09 06:18 PM
    I'm learning to love it, for the first week I wanted to throw it on the driveway and run over it just so no one else could even use it. I'm a lot better now, I know it sounds lame but I found slowing down and taking my time typing really helped and now I can type faster. It's really easy to type on, I just would have issues with sometimes clicking just a bit too high on the keyboard so I'd actually click the text box versus the top row keys. Or I'd go too fast and would do a downswipe which would hide the keyboard. You'll notice on it there's a very fine space between the left and right side of the keyboard. Keep your left thumb on the left side and right on the right. I was bad for reaching over to the left using my right thumb to click T for example, which would always produce a Y. If I use my left thumb though it's fine.
    Lol sounds like mw for the first week! The "fine line" drove me nuts I would always be reaching over
    Ti type b and get a v!

02-17-09 06:20 PM
    looks like a trip to telus tomorrow is in order... how are the bugs now? Lee youre running a telus one how is it workin for ya? first device still?
    02-17-09 06:21 PM
    Lol sounds like mw for the first week! The "fine line" drove me nuts I would always be reaching over
    Ti type b and get a v!

haha i had that issue with the iphone... ya i know typing adjusts and honestly, by the first month everything is second nature so i know it isnt a problem... i was just worried about basically having to do single finger typing like my grandpa on a computer!! but i guess theres shortcuts for fast typing even with the click screen!!
    02-17-09 06:23 PM
    this is coming from someone who can type wicked fast on the voyager keyboard physical qwerty keyboard. now i have the storm yet i actually dont miss it. because the voyager had limited features i decided to get the storm. i can type farely fast on the storm also. i like the auto correct too. in the .103 beta os you can have qwerty in portrait mode
    SWEET! i guess it would be only a matter of time before they offered it! and im assuming all the bugs are gradually working themselves out... but most important... how is brickbreaker played?!
    02-17-09 06:25 PM
    As the others have said, the typing on the storm screen has a bit of a learning curve but not much. As a person who has used a LG Voyager, LG Dare and iPod Touch, I can say that it only took me about a half an hour tops to get use to typing quickly on the storm. The one suggestion that I have is to play around with the Tap Interval, Hover Period and Swipe Sensitivity settings to find what works best for your needs. As for a full qwerty keyboard in portrait mode, this first appeared in the .90 OS and is still present in the current leaked betas. The only complaint that i have with the portrait qwerty is that the buttons are too small for my needs which results in easy mistakes.

02-17-09 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD