I've been a Blackberry user for years now and in the past I have experienced some "random" reboots on other blackberries but this was due to running out of memory. For example, if I had a ton of messages stored on my Facebook App, 40 - 50 MMS with pictures attached, text messages, BB messages, etc, the phone would run out of memory and reboot itself to try and free some up.

I've read on a few posts that some users stated there may be some memory leaks in the OS, some users stating that when they were using their media player they would get a reboot and others stating that if their phone was just sitting idle and not doing a thing they would get a reboot.

I have a feeling that these reboots are a memory problem and it could very well be due to a memory leak. I don't feel that this is a hardware issue at all.

Those that have the reboots, are you running Facebook, AIM, BB Messenger or any other data service apps? Those that are not having this problem, are you running any of these apps?

I use AIM, Facebook, MMS, SMS, BBM, 2 email accounts including being connected to a BES and I have Bluetooth enabled at all times.
    12-18-08 09:49 AM
    You just may be onto something!!!!!!! At least in my case, because I'm running just about everything you're running.
    12-18-08 09:54 AM
    I am running Facebook and Google Chat. So far today (knock on wood) no reboots!!
    12-18-08 12:12 PM
    my phone was sitting idle tonight, with the basics runing, phone, message, web, bb messanger, and the app center...

random reboot happened about 5 min ago
    12-18-08 08:43 PM
    The only tim. I ever got a random re boot was when I was typing really fast in suretype mode and it started lagging and re booted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 09:09 PM
    i would turn my phone, open nothing, and it would crash within 5-10 minutes... while there may be some issues with some apps, i think some of the storms experiencing reboots are just defective =/
    12-18-08 09:11 PM
    So far today I haven't had any reboots...

I had noticed in the log last when mine rebooted it was due to a calendar issue. So I uninstalled Google Sync, because I cant recall the reboots until I installed that app.

So far so good, I will keep posted.
    12-19-08 03:05 PM
    Just as I was browsing this page of threads, my Storm did its first random reboot. I wasn't even pressing any buttons, just picked it up. This is with the new OS .83 installed.
    12-19-08 03:47 PM
    I have several issues with the device rebooting (or having to do a battery pull). I just did a wipe of the device today and downloaded all of my apps and I am hoping this will clear the issue.
    12-19-08 03:58 PM
    you know, mine's getting quite annoying. I had 7 reboots today while running my standard BB messenger, homescreen browser and the call log active. Oh, I also had the visual voice mail, but even without it running, it would reboot itself. in the past 3 or 4 days, I've had about 11 reboots.
    07-06-09 11:09 PM
    About 3 am the other morning i was woken up by a peep and light of my storm restarting its self, i thought nothing of it in the last 2 days days it has rebooted its self several times and 30+ times this morning, the 3rd party apps are the same ive had for ages so theres nothing new on the phone, from what i can see theres a little error message that pops up first i "think" it says somehtign about messages so ive deleted alot of sms messages and all emails i can. the rebooting is getting annoying, dose anyone have any solutions or fixes that could help? any help would be great.
    10-04-09 09:11 AM
    V 5.0.0.328 Reboots by itself without any programs runnings like BBm, WLM , FAcebook, Yahoo msngr etc
    11-03-09 08:42 PM
    what could be causing this ?
    11-03-09 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD