I read on a daily basis though all of the forums and am amazed at the amount of posts associated through the storm forums. I have read how unhappy some people are with there Storms and are looking to move to a different BB.

My question is, if the bold becomes available to verizon customers as the rumor states, how many storm owners would make the switch?
    03-20-09 10:47 AM
    i may switch to the 9630 depending on pricing
    03-20-09 10:54 AM
    I would rather fight than switch. It is a little quirky, just like any computer. I'm sure in time it will improve.
    03-20-09 11:45 AM
    The complaints come from the few that have had or disagree with the performance and build quality. Negativity speaks way louder than positive comments. There are many people that LOVE their Storm also.

I suggest you don't listen to opinions and try it for your self. To each is own. There is a return policy in place for these types of situations. Form your own opinions and see if this device suits your needs. If not return it! And please if you do not like it a we will love to help with any issues but don't sway others with your decision positive or negative.

Oh yeah to answer your question. A physical keyboard isn't that important to me. I love the vast size of the storms screen for anything from web browsing to navigation and so on. So I wouldn't switch to a different device just because the keyboard. Any software issues with any device can and will be fixed with time.
    Last edited by Lowsol94; 03-20-09 at 12:12 PM.
    03-20-09 12:05 PM
    I might switch to the 9630, carrying two Blackberries is really a PITA. I will give either the Curve or Storm to my daughter and dump the other if the Niagara is as good as everyone says. I will not buy on day 1 like I did with the Storm.
    03-20-09 12:18 PM
    I agree with lowo. Storm is def headed in right direction. There were some major quirks at launch but every week with leaked oS, phone seems to get better. I def prefer the bigger screen. Bold is a great phone but storm def in my option has the better screen. Depends what's important to u. Keyboard or No keyboard. I don't think there will be any Storm owners rushing to get Bold if it comes out there.
    03-20-09 12:47 PM
    There are alot of things to learn on the storm that a new user might not be expecting. With the current OS each phone also has its own particular quirks.

Several people have talked about how much they hated the storm until they had it for a few weeks. After a few weeks you learn to adapt to the quirks, and then work around them. I personally will stick with the storm for at least a year or two, but I will definitely upgrade the OS whenever possible to either betas or the official releases when they finally come.
    03-20-09 01:42 PM
    It's not a rumor, it WILL happen. Though the Niagara has a few differences from the Bold, it's clear the inspiration for the device.

I'm contemplating the switch, but not because of any dissatisfaction with the Storm, but for work related reasons. In my own personal use, I don't give a flying f uck about myspace, facebook, twitter, or any of those. I don't text period, IM rarely, and (send) email rarely. So, for my personal use, the Storm works quite well for me. But if it comes that I can convince the people here to get the Blackberry client for the HEAT call tracking system (which is a real POS IMO) then something like the Niagara would have a lot of appeal. While the idea that a hardware keyboard is faster than something like the Storm is a load of crap, I'm simply too lazy to put in the effort to break all my old typing habits and learn new ones for the Storm. I also never use anything but the qwerty keyboard, so the accelerometer idea has kind of worn a little thin on me. I'd just prefer to have the phone in a single orientation at all times. Personal preference is all. The accelerometer annoyed me on my old LG Dare too.

I don't know if the Niagara will be this wonder device everyone expects it to be, or if it will be a bigger disappointment to some than the Storm. Not really the point for me, but I will probably wait for at least a week or two after launch to see how the software aspect plays out.
    03-20-09 03:04 PM
    I posted a thread in the Niagara forums a couple weeks? back and said I _think_the Niagara may be the best BB yet even surpassing the Bold and 8900(debatable because of wi-fi) and it seems BGR is feeling the same.

Niagara is awesome, lets hope it's released properly. Im keeping my eye on this one.

BlackBerry Niagara 9630 hands on : Boy Genius Report
    03-20-09 03:11 PM
    I wouldnt switch but im sure there are quite a few considering quite a few want to switch to the Niagara
    03-20-09 03:19 PM
    I posted a thread in the Niagara forums a couple weeks? back and said I _think_the Niagara may be the best BB yet even surpassing the Bold and 8900(debatable because of wi-fi) and it seems BGR is feeling the same.

Niagara is awesome, lets hope it's released properly. Im keeping my eye on this one.

BlackBerry Niagara 9630 hands on : Boy Genius Report

Yeah after the storm release im sure they will make sure they get this one right
    03-20-09 03:19 PM
    at these prices i'll stick it out until i'm eligible for a new one, its not perfect, but you don't love someone b/c they are perfect, you love them b/c they are perfect for you! i love my storm, i don't mind admitting that on the occasion i've needed to be rebooted for my brain failing to work properly =P
    03-20-09 06:37 PM
    Whoa, this question has never been asked before...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 12:51 AM
    Yeah after the storm release im sure they will make sure they get this one right
    Look at Balsile.. (the co-head honcho at RIM) he thinks that they DID get it right, or rather that screwing it up is the new "getting it right" ... don't hold your breath...
    03-21-09 01:37 AM
    The storm is a great phone. There are just too many haters w/o lives in our forums. Honestly - Why do people, who are not considering buying a touchscreen phone, trolling our forums? Haters are just trying to justify the purchase of their phones (Curve, etc.)
    03-21-09 02:57 AM
    Most people that hate the storm never did any research into the phone. They were just happy to get on the , I got the latest new toy and you don't, bandwagon. So now there new toy doesn't work perfectly and they are pissed. These people need to GROW UP they are acting like spoiled little brats
    03-21-09 06:43 AM
    I find much good about the Storm. I've had mine for a week, but administered them via work in the months they've been on the market.

Apps are driving it for me. I need a decent way to get time, billing and mileage into QuickBooks and have not yet found it. I can see how not so great apps on a storm are going to be not so great apps on any other.

I think I can live with interface issues easier than others because I support different server, desktop and Cisco operating systems and don't view Blackberry or Apple as religion like many do.

Just get me a decent time and billing solution and I'm a customer. Oh, and I'll also admit that I would prefer Verizon over AT&T of possible.

03-21-09 08:57 AM
    Look at Balsile.. (the co-head honcho at RIM) he thinks that they DID get it right, or rather that screwing it up is the new "getting it right" ... don't hold your breath...
    Yeah you have a great point, I wonder about his mind set, or maybe its just they lack of being able to admit error.
    03-21-09 01:27 PM
    Most people that hate the storm never did any research into the phone. They were just happy to get on the , I got the latest new toy and you don't, bandwagon. So now there new toy doesn't work perfectly and they are pissed. These people need to GROW UP they are acting like spoiled little brats
    First and foremost I might make the switch temporarily to try it out but I love my Storm even with its minor faults. Like mudusmc said, I did my research prior to buying the phone and waited on using my upgrade for 4 months just to get this phone because I knew it was what I wanted.

BTW mudusmc, that is a great saying in your signature line. It is a good stress reliever being as I haved and am serving in the military.
    03-23-09 12:28 AM
    My question to all storm owners is: Is something wrong with you?
    My question to all Iphone owners is: Don't you have your own forums to post in?
    03-24-09 03:11 AM
    not true, i followed the storm since it was rumored to come out in two flavors, the thunder and the storm. I kept up to date with the specs and everything else to go with it. It was a disappointment to me personally and I am not the type to just buy something because its new. it takes alot of convincing for me to buy something that will lock me in for two years or pay a fee to get out of.
    03-24-09 10:40 AM
    I for one am sticking with my Storm.....It will get better and easier. Just wish the official upgrades would hurry up and come out. I feel that will fix a lot of tthe quirks.
    03-24-09 12:11 PM
    I wouldn't make the switch. I am hanging in there with the Storm for the long haul!
    03-28-09 11:32 PM
    There's no way I'd switch out my storm I love it and IMO I've played with the bold and the storm us my preference of the two and I wouldn't want att so storm is my choice

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 12:29 AM
    I am sticking with the Storm without question!
    03-29-09 01:32 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD