I ordered a Storm through the VZW website at 6:30 am EST on 11/21 (Friday). I got the confirmation e-mail right away, but no tracking number.

The equipment receipt is finally showing up under the "Message Center" if I go to "My Verizon" on the website. It shows a date and time of:

11/22/08 12:14 ET

Does this actually mean my order wasn't entered until then? And I won't get it until after 12/15?
    11-23-08 07:47 AM
    you should get it by the 25th
    11-23-08 07:58 AM
    Remember, if you ordered one on Friday, so did 400,000 other people, obviously
    vzw underestimated what was going to happen, so everyone that did get their order processed Friday should get their Storm by Tuesday or Wednesday, looks like vzw's system is back up at 100%..
    11-23-08 08:03 AM
    Yeah I guess that's my question. Is VZW going by order date, or processed date? And is the date on the equipment receipt the processed date? There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. There are people who ordered after me who have already had theirs shipped.

Could anyone else who ordered early online, but never got a tracking number, check your equipment receipt under the "Message Center" on the VZW website?
    11-23-08 08:10 AM
    I ordered on 11/21 at 8:30am EST. My online order status now is blank (it literally says Order Status: ). I got a order confirmation receipt, but no email saying it actually shipped. My credit card hasn't posted any transactions from Friday yet either ...

Does this mean my order didn't get processed in time, and now I'll have to wait until 12/15?
    11-23-08 08:22 AM
    I had ordered mine about 9:45am EST on Friday, via vzw.com..

I have an order confirmation, but I checked my equipment receipts,a nd mine sitll says "No Data Available".

I figure that it won't be until Monday for my order to be processed, but hopefully they will still honor the fact that it was ordered on Friday and ship it to me this week. I was also given the # for the internet order services and will call that on Monday as well.

@Tarrant.. My order status keeps saying "Order Status: We have received your order. Please check back tomorrow." Been like that since the minute I ordered it.
    11-23-08 08:23 AM
    I pre-ordered Tuesday and my receipt in my account shows it was processed at 1130am EST. I called Friday night to try and get a tracking number for Saturday delivery which is what my receipt said, but told warehouse accepted my order and I should have it Tuesday. Still no tracking number though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 08:25 AM
    @jaybittle - my order status was also the same (please check back tomorrow) from friday thru saturday. then, saturday night the order status became blank. still is blank today. so i'm worried something awful happened to my order ...
    11-23-08 08:26 AM
    @jaybittle - my order status was also the same (please check back tomorrow) from friday thru saturday. then, saturday night the order status became blank. still is blank today. so i'm worried something awful happened to my order ...
    Mine is also now showing blank, but it used to say that they were processing my order and to check back tomorrow.
    11-23-08 08:38 AM
    For those curious, here's the internet sales customer service number, as given to me by a Verizon CSR..

1-800-711-7773

I plan on calling first thing Monday morning to find out what happened to my order, and if they will still honor the "if ordered before 2pm on Friday, it'll be here this week".
    11-23-08 10:26 AM
    For those curious, here's the internet sales customer service number, as given to me by a Verizon CSR..

1-800-711-7773

I plan on calling first thing Monday morning to find out what happened to my order, and if they will still honor the "if ordered before 2pm on Friday, it'll be here this week".
    So did you call? Are they going to honor the order time instead of the processed time?
    11-24-08 08:50 AM
    Well apparently it doesnt matter if you called in order before 2pm fri, it depends of when the system put the order through depends on when it ships. I ordered at 10am but due to the system going down unless you got order in at 6amish they did not get shipped out and am being told they are very sorry but should have it by next monday at best even though the shipping on the site states 12/5 she said it wont be that long but they have to say it.
    I am waiting on salesman to call back this morning and will make him compensate me for this somehow.
    However after a weekend of being pis*sed at verizon for dropping the ball on this I am telling myself that maybe its for the better with all the problems people are having (though i personally think alot are user error and impaitence with a new device) anyway i am told the units that will ship are supposed to be updated and maybe free of alot of issues, lets hope.
    still highly pis*sed and want my new toy badly!!! LOL
    11-24-08 09:17 AM
    i just called verizon and got my tracking number. it said tuesaday at 3 is the estimated delivery date
    11-24-08 09:17 AM
    i ordered mine on friday morning early! and just called to check and there saying the latest friday!!!! so i dont know how everybodys ordering them now and getting them in a couple of days???
    11-24-08 09:20 AM
    No tracking. My reps not answering...
    11-24-08 09:21 AM
    So did you call? Are they going to honor the order time instead of the processed time?
    I called. After holding for 20 minutes due to "higher than usual volume", I said I had ordered a Blackberry Storm on Friday before 2pm, and was told "Dec 5th", even before my order # was looked up. Apparently my order still hasn't been processed, but it has been received.

I'm trying the lemonade from lemons bit, and maybe the firmware update that plauged people will be solved before then.
    11-24-08 09:35 AM
    I agree with jeeper02 and jaybittle. I placed my order 8:30am 11/21 but for whatever reason (problems with VZW systems Friday?) my order was delayed in processing.

So now, when I call the rep tells me my order was processed. However, due to the backorder for Storms, it won't ship out until before 12/15. I don't want to believe it, but I guess I have to face the facts since my CC hasn't been charged yet.

Stupid ...
    11-24-08 09:40 AM
    This morning I received FedEx tracking info on my corporate order from Friday (which was confirmed around 2:45pm). FedEx says the item was picked up yesterday (Sunday!) and is schedule for delivery on Wednesday by 7:00pm. I guess I won't be leaving the office early.
    11-24-08 09:42 AM
    I am trying to get hold of my rep now, but he is currently not answering (probably busy with other customer). I don't have a tracking number, I got saturday arrival. Hopefully ill get it tuesday

11-24-08 09:47 AM
    Have you received an automated email from the VZW order system?

I am trying to get hold of my rep now, but he is currently not answering (probably busy with other customer). I don't have a tracking number, I got saturday arrival. Hopefully ill get it tuesday

11-24-08 10:15 AM
    Have you received an automated email from the VZW order system?
    I got the automated email, saying the order has:

Thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless. Your Internet Order has been processed & shipped. You should receive your equipment in 10-15 business days. Customer signature will be required at time of delivery.
    Note, the 10-15 business days. No tracking # when I called *611.
    11-24-08 10:18 AM
    This 12/15 nonsense is ridiculous. I mean it's quite fking obvious that this phone was gonna sell like candy. Ordered it today, and I'm stuck with my POS Samsung slider until then. Keys are all screwed up and the battery has become crap.
    11-24-08 11:29 AM
    This 12/15 nonsense is ridiculous. I mean it's quite fking obvious that this phone was gonna sell like candy. Ordered it today, and I'm stuck with my POS Samsung slider until then. Keys are all screwed up and the battery has become crap.
    Welcome to my world! My phone doesn't charge anymore and I had to buy a universal battery charger to charge it. Mind you the battery is crap also! I've been going like this for almost 2 months now. I am still pissed that the guy in front of me got the last Storm!
    11-24-08 11:35 AM
    Ok this is weird. My CC has now been charged by VZW. But when I called the rep, she said that my order was processed late, so is expected to ship before 12/15...

I then asked her why my CC was charged already, if the phone was backordered. She said this was, when the phone is stocked it can go out to me immediately rather than waiting for it to be charged.

Does VZW now charge first, and ship later? In my case, up to 3 weeks later that they've had my money without me having a product in my hands??
    11-24-08 02:13 PM
    Ok this is weird. My CC has now been charged by VZW. But when I called the rep, she said that my order was processed late, so is expected to ship before 12/15...

I then asked her why my CC was charged already, if the phone was backordered. She said this was, when the phone is stocked it can go out to me immediately rather than waiting for it to be charged.

Does VZW now charge first, and ship later? In my case, up to 3 weeks later that they've had my money without me having a product in my hands??
    I'm in the same boat. CC charged, but not shipped. F'ing great!
    11-24-08 02:15 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD