I equate this question for somebody who sees their kids everyday versus a friend who sees a kid once a year (somebody who sees a 4 year old and then again in a year sees HUGE difference in a child as opposed to a parent who sees the child every day):

I have been on .75 since the beginning. I am anticipating a HUGE difference in performance with any official VZW release. But for those who have consistantly played with leaks, you have seen progressive changes good and bad with each leak. SOme fixes, some backsteps.

So do you think us .75ers will be estatic with this potential upcoming VZW OS release or will we still be disappointed with the quirks of the Storm?
    05-29-09 10:15 AM
    .75 users have a LOT to look forward to. The current .148 is a night and day difference to .75. The leaks before this have always been a few steps forward while still going back a little. In any case, expect a much snappier OS, provided that you have a properly clicking screen of course.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 10:24 AM
    Your accelerometer will perform better and you will notice your phone freezing less. The browser will perform better as well. (With 148 that is)
    05-29-09 10:46 AM
    .75 users have a LOT to look forward to. The current .148 is a night and day difference to .75. The leaks before this have always been a few steps forward while still going back a little. In any case, expect a much snappier OS, provided that you have a properly clicking screen of course.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    All true, but other than a bit more speed and responsiveness, many users won't see much difference. If you're a power user, you may notice things that a causal user (phone & e-mail) might not. Web browser is particularly improved and memory amangement is very good.

I've been updating with each Leak and Hrbrids so I've seen the incremental improvements. I've settled on the Leaked .148 for now and am very pleased.

JMHO.
    05-29-09 10:48 AM
    don't forget that the camera is 10 times faster.
    05-29-09 10:48 AM
    Also you will notice there will be a full qwerty keyboard available in portrait mode, and a renewed copy and past/edit feature.
    05-29-09 10:49 AM
    Also you will notice there will be a full qwerty keyboard available in portrait mode, and a renewed copy and past/edit feature.
    yep, yep, all nice touches and makes it a wonderful device!
    05-29-09 10:51 AM
    I'm afraid there'll be a backlash from users over this update, purely based on the color banding issue. It doesn't bother most of us on here but the majority of Storm users are probably a lot more concerned about appearance than they are about performance.
    05-29-09 10:57 AM
    There will be some improvements, but I wouldn't say to expect an entirely new device. I would say it would be realistic to expect a device that should work as it should have when you bought it (i.e. it's pretty stable, usable, fairly snappy in performance). Don't expect a new phone experience because you won't get that. The interface is the same and aside from a new keyboard layout and a few cosmetic changes (very minor), you won't see much of a difference.
    05-29-09 11:02 AM
    I think anyone who doesn't update (aside from BES Users who can't) is really not making a smart decision.

I think this site will be inundated with more pointless questions than we have ever seen. I agree with francob regarding the backlash that will happen over the color banding issue.

There will be nothing we can do to please these people either
    05-29-09 11:02 AM
    To be honest, I have used every leak and I haven't noticed this colour banding issue.
    05-29-09 11:22 AM
    To be honest, I have used every leak and I haven't noticed this colour banding issue.

It not really an issue. If you look closely phone number pad screen you will see that the change on from light blue to dark blue has borders or "color bands". In the 76/75 that transition of color is more subtle and smoother. Hence to color banding.

To me it is not an issues; since it effect certain folders and wallpapers, plus if you have the default theme then is is more noticeable. But that is it however, some people claim it effects video and pictures as well.
    05-29-09 11:40 AM
    .148 will offer you the ability to multitask with at least a couple of programs. On .75, the media player and multitasking ability of the phone was severely limited.

The phone is a little better at memory management, and doesn't lock up as much. Annoying bugs like vibrate not working will be gone.

Otherwise, the phone as a whole is still pretty laggy, but it's at least competent compared to what you have now.
    05-29-09 11:42 AM
    the camera is faster, browser is better, screen transitions are smoother, accelerometer is responsive, and the waffle maker is amazing too!
    05-29-09 11:44 AM
    I jumped from 0.75 to .148 without any in between leaks. Youll love it.
    05-29-09 11:52 AM
    the camera is faster, browser is better, screen transitions are smoother, accelerometer is responsive, and the waffle maker is amazing too!
    I agree on all points, except the waffle maker on my device no longer gives me the option for maple and is stuck on blackberry!!
    Last edited by karlac; 05-29-09 at 11:57 AM.
    05-29-09 11:54 AM
    that sucks. you should have never loaded the leaked OS. the official one will be fixed by VZW before they release it, trust me. the mall kiosk manager told me.

05-29-09 11:58 AM
    that sucks. you should have never loaded the leaked OS. the official one will be fixed by VZW before they release it, trust me. the mall kiosk manager told me.

ROTFL ... thanks, made my day!!
    05-29-09 12:07 PM
    I like the improved text selection cursor. Never could get the hang of touching until the box I couldn't see behind my finger changed from a solid to an empty rectangle.
    05-29-09 12:22 PM
    It not really an issue. If you look closely phone number pad screen you will see that the change on from light blue to dark blue has borders or "color bands". In the 76/75 that transition of color is more subtle and smoother. Hence to color banding.

To me it is not an issues; since it effect certain folders and wallpapers, plus if you have the default theme then is is more noticeable. But that is it however, some people claim it effects video and pictures as well.

i'm still on .75 and there is absolutely positively color banding on this OS too. so i say NO BIG DEAL. if my phone works better i'll be happy. although i haven't changed because, honestly, i have no problems with my phone on .75....maybe it's a tad sluggish...but, no reboots, memory leak is almost non-existent (only have to do a battery pull every 2 weeks). and after reboot my memory is up at 40mb. camera could be faster i guess. that's it. i like the phone alot.
    05-29-09 12:25 PM
    i am on 148/5.0 hybrid

just today I went cross-eyed looking for some evidence of color banding

If it really that bad i must be blind.
    05-29-09 01:09 PM
    i gotta say, the waffle maker really comes through in the clutch when you're on the run.
    05-29-09 03:01 PM
    I didnt get the waffler maker with mine, I opted for the Cuisinart Griddler you can do so much more with the Griddler.
    05-29-09 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD